Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2019-09-12
NetCentrics Corporation has continuously served the U.S. Government since our founding in 1995. We provide U.S. federal agencies with reliable and cost-effective IT services, including IT platform services, IT service delivery, cybersecurity, and infrastructure modernization. We have extensive experience modernizing and strengthening network bandwidth, security, and performance to deliver enhanced services and reliability to end-users.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Senior Cyber Watch Analyst (Weekday 2pm-10pm Shift) to support our team at the St. Elizabeth s in Washington, DC and our TISCOM location in Alexandria, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active TS/SCI security clearance with a CI Poly.
Specific duties include:
* Support operational watch and situational awareness requirements for the United States Coast Guard CYBER Command CSOC. Provide situational awareness and readiness reporting for the CSOC to the USCG program leadership.
* Support coordination and information collection related to incidents, investigations, Task Orders, and other communications within DOD and DHS.
* Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
* Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
* Maintain IDS signatures and policies.
* Be able to modify/add custom IDS policies and signatures to account for lack of monitoring in threat areas as warranted by threat changes, such as zero-day attacks. This includes the use of Sourcefire rules.
* Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks.
* Analyze and solve problems related to network, system, forensic and malware analysis.
* Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
* Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
* Support Contingency Operations (COOP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) as required.
* Ensure documentation is updated and maintained.
* Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through
* Responsible for managing shift personnel to ensure proper coverage, standardized processes, develop and update documentation as required, and reporting.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to incident response operations.
* Demonstrated excellence in analytical and problem solving skills related to network, system, forensic and malware analysis.
* Experience with security technologies including Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis, Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), Antivirus, Network Packet Analyzers, Security Systems Manager, malware analysis, forensics tools, and reverse engineering.
* Demonstrated knowledge in information technologies to include computer hardware and software, operating systems, and networking protocols.
* Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
* Shift Hours: 2pm-10pm Mon-Fri
* Clearance: Must have an active TS/SCI clearance and be able to pass a CI Polygraph prior to starting.
* Years of Experience / Education: Must have 7 years of relative work experience and BS degree.
* Certifications: Must be IAT III and CND A compliant (CISSP or CASP and CEH) within 30 days of hire.
* As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history and references checks
* JRSS experience a plus
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled