Cherokee Nation Businesses
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2019-09-12
Federal Construction Quality Control Officer Washington, DC (ID#15515)
Cherokee CRC (CCRC) is a construction and professional services company that provides clients with custom tailored services that fit their specific needs. Federal government customers benefit from the personal approach that gives them the attention they deserve and the quality they expect. With decades of experience in the service industry, CCRC extends its services to all facilities seeking reliable, quality services from a single source provider. CCRC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
Federal Construction Quality Control Officer Washington, DC (ID#14954)
Position will work as primary contact for all quality issues for job site while coordinating inspections, supervising contractors and creating daily reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Primary point of contact for quality issues on the job site.
* Field Supervision of contractors.
* Coordination of inspections.
* Creating, collecting and completing daily reports.
* Communication with clients.
* Set an example on-site regarding quality and safety policies and project specific procedures.
Leads and/or guides the work of others.
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE
Degree in a construction related field and a minimum of 8 years of experience with a related degree or 12 years applicable experience in federal government construction, including experience in a leadership role as a Quality Control Officer/Specialist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to pass all required background and security clearance checks.
* Working knowledge of performing quality control activities on multiple projects concurrently.
* CQM Certification preferred.
* OSHA Safety training, (30 hour) - Required.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Reliable transportation.
* Comply with company Motor Vehicle Policy.
* Able to present professional image at all times.
* Self-Motivated and independent worker.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Computer skills (Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel) a MUST.
* Ability to communicate directly with the Fed Gov Quality POC.
* Knowledge in construction methods and materials.
* Knowledge of all construction divisions 1-48.
* Ability to read blue prints and providing applicable edits.
* Knowledge of Fed Gov/DOD Quality Reporting Systems (QCS/RMS).
* Hands on attitude that will require some field work.
Work will be performed in a combination of office setting and work site environments.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster - EEO is the Law Supplement
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
EPPA English - EPPA Spanish
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
FMLA English - FMLA Spanish
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
This Organization participates in E-verify/Esta Organizacion participa en E-Verify. E-Verify Participation Poster