Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc.
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2019-09-12
Contract Closeout Specialist
Experts Engaged in Delivering Their Best - This is the cornerstone of our service-oriented culture and why we seek the best talent to be part of our team! Since 1995, GCS, Inc. has been an award-winning resource for federal agencies and government contractors, developing and delivering innovative solutions to increasingly complex challenges. GCS, Inc. has an exciting opening for a Contract Closeout Specialist to support our client in Washington, DC!
* Provide expert advice to agency directors and senior staff in contract closeout administration and delivers executive level management and oversight to the contract closeout process
* Review contracts for cradle-to-grave closeout actions
* Respond to internal and external questions related to closeout activities
* Administratively resolves over/under runs, funding requirements and related closeout needs
* Prepare internal closeout packages to include final voucher, forms, closeout statements and all other certifications/requirements for Contracting Officer (CO) review and signature
* Possess extensive working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR and agency supplements as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
* TS/SCI, polygraph desired
* Must have at least 6+ years of progressive government contracting experience
* Level I or Level II DAWIA or FAC-C certification in the field of contracting or its equivalent is desired
* Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR), and contract administration
* Ability to multi-task and set priorities within a team environment required
* Expertise with using Microsoft tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
* Excellent oral and verbal communication skills required
* Bachelor's Degree
* Proven expertise in the management and control of funds and resources and demonstrated capability in managing multi-task contracts
GCS, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to our customer, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required.
* Back Share