Treasure Island Resort & Casino
Posted Under: Lake City, Minnesota jobs in Hospitality & Tourism; Hospitality & Tourism jobs in zipcode 55041
Posted On: 2019-08-15
SUMMARY: To produce food according to specifications in a timely fashion and keep the kitchen in a safe and organized condition. Responsible for a high level of guest service as described in your department's guest service standards.
WILLING TO TRAIN!
Rate of Pay - $14.38 - Plus an additional $0.50 upon successful 90 Trial Period
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for quality, quantity, and timeliness of food preparation
- Ensure a quality-plated food presentation, portioning according to recipe standards, proper garnishes and substitution procedures are followed consistently
- Implement all Hospitality procedures for food storage, rotation, spoilage, sanitation, and prevention of cross-contamination
- Responsible for following recipes, times and temperatures in order to produce high quality and consistent products
- Responsible for conforming to all Indian Health Services standards
- Communicate with Tri-Restaurant management regarding issues as they arise
- Assist cashiers as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Certification
- 2 years cooking experience
- Previous knowledge of kitchen design and experience with operation of grills, roast-and-hold ovens, conventional and convection ovens, fryers, etc.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- Previous cash handling experience
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work fast and efficiently
- Ability to follow established dress code policies and practice good personal hygiene
- Ability to interact with guests, coworkers and management in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to serve both internal and external customers
- Treasure Island guest service training
- Bloodborne Pathogens training
- Training on Treasure Island food handling procedures
- Department orientation and cashier training
- Any position-related training as determined by department manager
- Must be able to walk and / or stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 8 hours
- Must have a good sense of balance, and be able to bend and kneel
- Must be able to reach and twist routinely
- Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects routinely
- Must have the ability to independently lift 25+ pounds occasionally
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions
- Must have good eye hand coordination
- Work is performed in the kitchen area near the gaming floor and may include fumes, hot and cold temperatures, flashing lights, frequent loud noises, and cigarette smoke
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including all shifts, weekends and holidays
- Occasionally overtime may be required
- Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this position.
All Treasure Island Resort & Casino employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Treasure Island Resort & Casino policies, Tribal policies, State compact and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with Treasure Island Resort & Casino include possessing sensitivity to Native American culture, following all safety rules and regulations, passing a pre-employment drug test, a background investigation to obtain and maintain a gaming license and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Team members should respect the privacy of guests and other team members and maintain confidentiality of business practices.