Army National Guard
Posted Under: Coolidge, Arizona jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 85128
Posted On: 2019-07-12
89D Explosive Ordnance Disposal Specialist
Job ID: 1068333
Job Views: 234
Location: COOLIDGE, Arizona, United States
ZIP Code: 85128
Job Category: Engineer
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) specialists are the tactical and technical explosive experts of the Army National Guard. EODs are trained, equipped, and integrated to attack, defeat, and exploit unexploded ordnance, improvised explosive devices, chemical, biological, and nuclear ordnance, and weapons of mass destruction.
Specific duties of the EOD Specialist include: locating, identifying, disarming, and disposing of all explosive ordnance; intelligence gathering operations; and supporting very important persons (VIP) missions for the U.S. Secret Service, State Department, and other federal agencies. Additional responsibilities include researching and identifying ordnance; disposal of hazardous ordnance; preparation and maintenance of EOD tools, equipment, and vehicles; use of advanced robotics; and training Soldiers in IED awareness.
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Basic electronics/electricity fundamentals
* Hazards and identification of United States and foreign munitions
* Interest in algebra, chemistry, physics, geometry, and trigonometry
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Aptitude for planning and organizing
* Ability to work calmly under stress
* Effectively use computers
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with government agencies and private industries performing ordnance research and development, and the development, implementation, and enforcement of explosive safety and security measures, as well as civil law enforcement. You might also consider a future as a bomb disposal expert, gunsmith, or munitions handler.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an EOD Specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills. Advanced Individual Training is conducted in two phases. Phase 1 is approximately 11 weeks at Redstone Arsenal, Ala. Phase 2 is approximately 29 weeks at Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.