Francis Marion University
Posted Under: Florence, South Carolina jobs in Education / Teaching; Education / Teaching jobs in zipcode 29506
Posted On: 2019-07-12
Location: Florence, South Carolina, 29506, United StatesJob ID: 49425346Posted: 2019-07-09Position Title: Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant StudiesCompany Name: Francis Marion UniversitySector: Education / Faculty - PAEntry Level: NOJob Duration: IndefiniteMin Education: Master's DegreeMin Experience: 1-2 YearsAssistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies (19-69)
Francis Marion University invites applications for a Tenure-track, 12-month, Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with other full-time faculty members, staff, part-time faculty, and invited guest lecturers to ensure the curriculum meets current practice standards and scope and is in compliance with ARC-PA requirements. The faculty member will report to the Program Director. Salary and rank is commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and deliver lecture, laboratory and small group interactive sessions as assigned
- Assist with the ongoing evaluation of sites used for supervised clinical experiences
- Participate in continuous self-study activities to maintain program accreditation
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities
- Serve as a student advisor
- Participate in the assessment of students throughout didactic and clinical phases of the program
- Provide and maintain a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation, and consultation
- Participate in department, college-wide, and university-wide committees and meetings
- Display behavior consistent with professional ethics
- Master's degree in physician assistant studies from an accredited program
- Current NCCPA certification
- Valid physician assistant license in the State of South Carolina or eligibility to obtain such licensure
- Clinical experience necessary
- Teaching experience preferred
Start Date: August 2019
1) Letter of Interest describing interest in FMU (Referencing Position Number 19-69);
2) Copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate);
3) Curriculum vitae;
4) Statement of teaching philosophy;
5) Three letters of reference;
6) List of three additional reference names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers; and
7) FMU Faculty Application;
To obtain the FMU Faculty Application, please visit:
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or FAX to (843) 661-1202.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution PI111776422