Posted Under: Portland, Oregon jobs in Human Resources; Human Resources jobs in zipcode 97239
Posted On: 2019-06-13
Requisition ID: 19-8343
Job Location: System Office 1919 Building
Department: Payroll and Tax Compliance
Position Status: Regular Full-Time
Avg Hrs/Wk: 40
Pay Range: USD $28.61/Hr. - USD $42.63/Hr.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work_Days: Mon-Fri, occasional weekends
Shift Start Time: 07:00 AM
Shift End Time: 04:00 PM
Everything we do at Legacy reflects our mission of making life better for others. You can help us fulfill this mission by ensuring that payroll runs smoothly and accurately. Through your strong knowledge of payroll principles and practices and your ability to coordinate workflow and problem solve with the team, you'll be strengthening the payroll department while growing your career.
The Payroll Lead utilizes advanced knowledge of payroll processing systems and regulatory laws to review, audit, and make necessary changes to the payroll system control panels and employees records to ensure continued compliance with legal entities and Legacy's' policies and practices. Payroll lead duties include coordinating workflow, problem solving, training staff and managing staff schedules. Responsible for data analysis and providing guidance to other payroll staff and to anticipate and resolve problems. Develops processes and procedures to best utilize payroll staff. Also responsible for timely payroll tax reporting.
Qualified Payroll Lead candidates will have the following experience/skills:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, math or business, or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) years of experience working with complex ERP applications with an emphasis in Payroll.
- Experience in managing the change control process for the payroll module when ERP application is upgraded
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Technical background using relational database reporting tools like MS Access or Crystal Reports
- In depth knowledge of regulatory laws and internal policies and practices that govern payroll including wage and hour laws.
- Experience with relational databases and a thorough understanding of payroll system functionalities.
- Working knowledge of HR Compensation, Benefits, and other systems that interface with payroll.
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to problem solve and bring about desired outcomes.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to lead and oversee various projects with intense deadlines.
- Ability to create ad hoc reports using MS Add-Ins and Crystal Reports.
- Proficiency using computers and other standard office equipment.
LEGACY'S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy's Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/DisabledPI110466293