FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2019-06-13
Radiography opening in Washington, Washington DC. This and other radiology and imaging jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Radiology Technologist job in Washington, D.C. The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Monday-Friday daysFull-time hoursPTO - fantastic accrual ratePaid holidaysCompetitive Employment Package Radiology Technologist Job Overview:
- Perform routine diagnostic radiological procedures/services as appropriate to the TO.
- Adhere to radiation safety policies and procedures in accordance with Radiology Department policies and procedures.
- Send appropriate image series to the radiologist for reading according to MTF protocol.
- Correctly position the patient for the examination and make technical adjustments necessary for the required examination. Determine if any special patient preparation is required.
- Process digital images and submit for interpretation by radiologists.
- Document all procedures and maintain records in accordance with MTF policy.
- As directed, perform system calibrations and quality control tasks according to the manufacturer and MTF policy. Recognize artifacts and equipment errors and notify designated Government personnel of outlying values.
- Initiate repair call procedures for equipment malfunctions by notifying designated Government personnel. Report problems to the Biomedical Repair Section and record the problem condition in the trouble call log book.
- Observe and report to the radiologist any symptoms which have direct bearing on the patient's condition as a result of adverse reaction to contrast media and inform the radiologist of any condition requiring his/her attention. Recognize the need for and institute the necessary emergency measures for situations where a person requires resuscitation procedures due to cardiac or respiratory arrest. Radiology Technologist Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)3 years' experience as a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist.3 years' experience with any Picture Archiving Systems (PACS), preferably as a super user.
- Graduate from an academic program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
- Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) Position contingent on contract award with an anticipated Fall start date.Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals! Keyphrases: x ray technician jobs, mri technician jobs, mri technologist jobs, magnetic resonance imaging technician jobs, magnetic resonance imaging technologist jobs, radiographer jobs