US Green Building Council
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2019-06-13
DescriptionGreen Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) is the premier organization independently recognizing excellence in green business industry performance and practice globally. GBCI administers the ANSI-accredited LEED credentialing exams, which boast over 81,000 credential holders in 115 countries.
INTERNSHIP DETAILS INCLUDE
The intern will provide support for the project described below and as-needed support to additional, high-priority team projects throughout the summer. The position requires entrepreneurship and active communication, and successful candidates will be able to work well both independently and in teams.
The intern will assist in exam maintenance activities for ANSI-accredited exams, which will teach the intern how to comply with the most prestigious personnel certification accreditation standard in the world. This is an opportunity to work with a seasoned credential maintenance professional to learn the skills, knowledge, and duties associated with maintaining professional certification exams.
In addition to following policies and procedures set forth by the American National Standards Institute, the intern will participate in the annual exam maintenance cycle for the LEED exams.
- Recruit, manage and organize volunteer subject matter experts for exam maintenance activities
- Schedule, plan, and participate in meetings with volunteers and test developers
- Submit materials for translation
- Edit items in adherence with style guide
- Track continuing education (CE) hours for volunteers.
To apply: Please email email@example.com or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
The intern will work out of GBCI offices in Washington, DC.
EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES
REQUIRED: Undergraduate or graduate students whose studies and research interests include English, communications, organizational sciences, educational assessment or another relevant field.
Candidates should be currently enrolled in a college or university. At least two years of study at a college or university is preferred.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent organizational, and computer skills (MS Office and Adobe)
- Ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically with internal staff, volunteer subject matter experts, and external vendors
- Assume responsibility for completing tasks on time and with excellent quality
- High-level of detail orientation
- Time management skills
- A strong and demonstrated interest in sustainability and USGBC's mission