Posted Under: Mendota, Minnesota jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 55150
Posted On: 2019-05-25
Overview We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive. If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you! Employer Industries is the world's largest flooring company - and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge. Responsibilities MONDAY-FRIDAY 7AM-3PM W/SATURDAY SAFETY MEETING EVERY 8 WEEKS
- Oversee functions of warehouse workers on an assigned shift to ensure accuracy and completeness of warehouse responsibilities and on-time shipping
- Direct employees on correct loading process of products on delivery trucks
- Train new employees on equipment operation, shipping, receiving, loading, unloading, and other warehouse responsibilities
- Certify employees on forklift operation
- Operate lift truck, cut table, or other machinery used in preparing and loading flooring products for shipment
- Informally monitor employee performance and provide feedback to management on issues/concerns
- Provide backup in absence of supervisor
- Demonstrate expected safe work habits to others - lead by example
- Assist in leading safety meetings and implementing safety initiatives
- Perform other functions as assigned by management Qualifications
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations. Basic knowledge of DOT requirements.
- Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to Employer safety standards. Forklift certified.
- At least 18 months experience in functions being assigned to lead.
- Demonstrated positive work habits, dependability, and good attendance.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and twist without restriction.
- Vision must be correctable to 20/40 for lift truck operation.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs. several times a shift. EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED About Employer Employer Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Employer's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Employer, Employer Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Employer has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.