Posted Under: Mars, Pennsylvania jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 16046
Posted On: 2019-05-16
Works directly with the Director of Admission and Marketing to meet budgeted goals for Lutheran SeniorLife facilities. Will have direct contact with referral sources to complete clinical reviews of incoming referrals. Oversees the preadmission function for clinical appropriateness and financial eligibility. Maintains regular communication with Director to identify market trends and program development opportunities. This position supports regional marketing efforts and promotes Lutheran SeniorLife continuum of care.
- Develops, promotes and maintains relationships with referral sources through collaboration with internal staff, interdisciplinary teams, and marketing sales staff.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive and seamless admission process in collaboration with the Director and through the preadmission staff.
- Directs active sales and marketing efforts to generate referrals to the system.
- Manages the internal referral process and external sales teams to improve referral conversions and promote system - wide growth.
- Utilizes critical thinking and sound judgement to determine an appropriate admission utilizing admission criteria.
- Promotes team work, collaboration and open communication among all constituents in a matrix environment.
- Investigates the clinical resource utilization to assure the benefit coverage and financial parameters are met.
- Assures all clinical and verification responsibilities of the preadmission department are met for each admission.
- Supports the role of intake coordinator by assimilating payor eligibility and together with clinical screen determines if benefits will support the admission.
- Through utilization of the electronic health record, assures the dissemination of intake information and initiates resident demographics accurately, appropriately and timely.
- Optimizes bed availability for admission through prioritization and triage. Coordinates incoming referral work flow.
- Oversees the maintenance of the daily referral list, utilizing data for monthly trending by completing and assuring all in-coming referrals are logged, worked and closed appropriately.
- Assures a smooth transition of referral information exchange between facility and referral sources.
- Assures by reviewing PASRR (Pre Admission Screening Resident Review) documents compliance and takes action, as appropriate, to reconcile discrepancies or omissions prior to admission.
- Obtains regular updates on patient medical status to ensure stability for a safe transfer to nursing center.
- Identifies admission barriers and collaborates with facility staff to coordinate appropriate referrals/admissions.
- Identifies and follows up on issues and concerns of referral sources and staff as it relates to admission barriers.
- Identifies opportunities to increase profitability, efficiency and market share.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Commonwealth of PA. Bachelors (BS) degree from a 4 year college or university preferred.
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience and a minimums of 2 years sales and marketing experience.
- Must have previous demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment; possess critical thinking skills to assimilate clinical information and communicate effectively to internal and external staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Knowledgeable of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care payor sources as related to the reimbursement for skilled and long term care preferred.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively interact with staff level employees, physicians, middle and senior management of potential referral sources, and the general public.
- Must have basic knowledge of negotiating techniques.
- Must have an understanding of ventilator, wound, complex, orthopedic, and IV therapy care, and others. Must be detailed oriented, well disciplined, dependable and have high standards of honesty and integrity.
- Must possess proficiency with computers. Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Word and Excel required.