Posted Under: Glastonbury, Connecticut jobs in Engineering; Engineering jobs in zipcode 06033
Posted On: 2019-02-12
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
We have an opportunity for a Sr. Network Engineer to join our team. We seek a multi-faceted, high-end networking individual that will be servicing our customers on a daily basis.
* You will be responsible for projects/moves, adds, changes, and repair at multiple customer sites across the New York Tri-State area.
* You possess the ability to see a project through fruition from assignment through completion with minimal guidance.
* Collaborate with a team of experienced engineers in an environment that promotes learning of new technologies.
* Work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
* You are flexible with work hours and travel within the New York Tri-State area.
* Possession of a vehicle will be necessary for this role. Project engineering in the New York Tri-State area is primarily Cisco based. Training in advanced technologies is provided.
* We seek a Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent work and/or military experience
* You possess 10+ years' experience in complex routing/switching/security environment
* We seek CCIE certification preferred or the ability to demonstrate equivalent architect-level design experience. CCNP certification is required.
* We seek excellent written and verbal communication skills
* You have hands-on experience with Cisco ISE; integration with wired data, wireless infrastructure & TACACS functionality
* Training/experience with Cisco (or relevant other vendor) software-defined networking (SDA/DNA)
* We seek strong documentation experience with Microsoft(R) Visio, Word, and Excel.
* You possess knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting using Cisco: IOS, IOS-XR, NX-OS; Routing Protocols-OSPF, EIGRP, BGP; L2/L3 Architecture and Design; QoS.
* We seek demonstrated expertise in at least one or more of the following areas: Data Center / Core design, configuration, and implementation utilizing Cisco Nexus Architecture (9K, 7K, 6K, 5K, 3K, 2K). Familiarity with the following technologies: VDC, ACI, VXLAN, OTV, LISP.
* Design, Configuration, and Tuning of Industry leading network security products.
* Good understanding of VPN architectures --Site to Site, Cisco AnyConnect Client (IPSEC/SSL), DMVPN.
* ASA Firewalls and FWSMs
* HA Configurations
* Transparent Mode
* ACL Configuration
* IPSec and SSL VPN
* IPS Configuration
* Next-Gen Features
* Application Control.
* Palo Alto Firewall experience.
* Cisco Ironport ESA/WSA.
* Cisco Physical Security and/or Genetech.
* Cisco Wireless design, configuration, and troubleshooting for Enterprise and campus environments.
* Wireless Surveys, Site Assessments, and Audits using AirMagnet and/or Ekahau Toolsets.
* WLAN Controller Configurations and Turning.
* PRIME, MSE, ISE Integration.
* Bridging, Outdoor/Mesh, Location Tracking, WIPS, Guest Access.
* Load Balancing, configuration, and troubleshooting using the following products:
* F5 (LTM, GTM, APM, ASM, AFM)
* Citrix NetScaler
* Familiarity with additional core technologies includes: Riverbed, Infoblox, Cisco Optical, NetBrain, FireEye, SolarWinds, SPLUNK
* We seek prior experience in deploying solutions for large-scale education customers
* You have a proven ability to lead a customer-facing project team
* Full-time on-site at one of Presidio's customers in New Haven, CT
* Primarily day shift, with some need for after-hours cut over support or fill-in staffing coverage
* Travel: Minimal/none
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to email@example.com
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.