Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nations most important work. Were a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselvesto respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many waysnot only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspectas talented and robust workforce14,000 strongstands ready to welcome you to the team. Lets make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Top Secret clearance required
Ensure that the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for assigned Information Systems (IS) under his/her
purview, will work in close collaboration with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), the Information System
Owner (ISO), and other IS Stakeholders. The candidate will ensure that cyber security requirements are effectively
integrated into the IS operations, management, and documentation. The candidate will provide critical systems,
application and infrastructure support to our Customer. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with a Team of
ISSOs across multiple technical areas, on various system classification types and categorizations, as well as have the
opportunity to collaborate with a diverse group of security professionals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in close coordination with all system stakeholders;
- Create and maintain existing information system security documentation, including System Security Plan (SSP), Security
Controls Matrix and/or Assessment, and Security Configuration Guide (controlled changes to the system)
- Develop or modify implementation and design documents describing how security features are implemented
- Prepare system documentation for assessment in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST
Special Publications (800-37, 800-53 and others); identify deficiencies and provide recommendations for solutions
- Track findings with Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) through mitigation and/or risk acceptance
- Responsible for elements of physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security
training and awareness and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security
policies and procedures
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearance, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security
responsibilities before being granted access to the system, and periodically thereafter
- Create security policies and maintain existing information system security documentation
- Conduct periodic and continuous reviews of the system to ensure compliance with the authorization package
- Work with the Information Assurance (IA) team to perform basic system administration and maintain various IA tools,
including audit collection and reporting systems, vulnerability management programs, and other continuous monitoring
- Participate in the change management process, including reviewing Requests for Change (RFC) and assist in the
assessment of a potential changes security impact
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly audit review and management of the audit collection system
- Continuously review and evaluate vendor, security, and business best practices for implementing a comprehensive audit
- Implement vulnerability management programs, including tracking and addressing IAVAs and security patches, accessing
applicability to existing systems, and ensuring closure
- Provide direction and guidance to less experienced IA personnel
- Remain sensitive to security infractions and assist in security investigations and responses as requested
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and functions are properly restored and functioning
correctly following an outage
Requires 16+ years with BS/BA or 14+ years with MS/MA or 10+ years with Ph.D.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in computer science or cyber security-related field.
- Active Top Secret clearance, and SCI capable
- Strong background and extensive experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF), ICD 503, NIST SP800-53 and
53a or DCID 6/3; knowledge of current authorization practices, particularly within the Department of Justice.
- Extensive background with DITSCAP/DIACAP may be substituted in some cases.
- Certified in at least one of the following certifications exemplifying DoD 8570.1 IAM level III proficiency during the life of
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) Certified Information systems Security
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Information Security Professional (GISP),
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) or other
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Mathematics, or Engineering is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the use and operation of such tools such as Tenables Nessus and/or Security Center, IBM Guardium,
HP WebInspect, AppDetect, Network Mapper (NMAP), or like applications;
- Knowledge and experience with security efforts related to Windows, Linux, Solaris, VMWare, Cisco, Juniper, SQL, and
- Experience implementing and using various IA tools including vulnerability assessment, patch management, audit
collection, audit review, audit management, and end-point protection
- Analytical skills, with the capacity to quantify and/or qualify risks as they relate to the enterprise systems
- Good communications skills, both in writing and orally