Optimal Solutions and Technologies
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2019-02-12
POSITION: Senior Program Manager
JOB ID: 2934-RCAT - 4
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Coordinate multiple departments, vendors and assets to ensure timely and cost-effective execution of major scope milestones
* Establish collaborative partnership among stakeholders to enable scoping, financial and resource decisions
* Identify, document and elevate cross-organizational and vendor-driven dependencies, and work with managers and peers across the organization to develop and implement appropriate dependency management processes
* Establish appropriate project governance structures and processes by engaging executive sponsor and key stakeholders to develop appropriate thresholds and cadence for governance discussions.
* Mentor and coach junior level Project Management staff and matrixed team members, and provides guidance on adherence to the Project Management practices.
* Work with senior leaders to contribute relevant data to support annual planning activities
* Provide financial project performance and forecasting reports to senior executives and government regulators
* Identify and evaluate the risks associated with project activities and work across organization to establish and monito mitigation plans
* Identify, document and spear-head evaluation of changes based on cost, schedule, risk and scope impacts as well as cross-functional dependencies. Ensure appropriate packaging of relevant information to support appropriate project change and governance decision processes
* Develop and maintain required project management artifacts in accordance with Amtrak Project Management standards and applicable regulations
* Identify efficiencies and present recommended improvement opportunities at various levels of management.
* Strong project management skills with prior experience managing complex cross-functional projects ih a highly matrixed environment
* Experience with cross-project/program dependency identification and management
* Strong Written and Oral communication skills with ability to present complex information and respond to complex needs of a large and visible project or program
* Ability to network with internal and external stakeholders, and leverage relationships to resolve complex project issues
* Effectiveness working diplomatically across teams with varying objectives.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project),
* Bachelor s degree and a minimum of 8 years of project management experience, or any equivalent combination of education and work experience
* PMP (Must be willing to obtain within 12 months of date of hire)
* Must have work authorization in the United States.
* Transportation industry experience
* Direct or matrixed people management experience is a plus.
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.