Posted Under: Birmingham, Alabama jobs in Engineering; Engineering jobs in zipcode 35275
Posted On: 2019-01-12
Bentley Systems is creating an onsite team at the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) and is seeking a Resident Engineer for InRoads/OpenRoads to work as a full time Bentley colleague at ALDOT in Montgomery, AL. This is a new position and a great opportunity to work in conjunction with Bentley's highly skilled professionals. Regional relocation assistance may be provided.
Location: Montgomery, AL.
- Provides support for the migration from the current InRoads version (InRoads SS2/InRoads Survey SS4) to OpenRoads Designer - Connect Edition.
- Provides technical assistance with the implementation, installation, operation, maintenance and configuration of OpenRoads Designer.
- Work effectively with ALDOT technical employees and Bentley's Design Engineering team to understand requirements, scope, develop, and validate training workflows.
- Provides technical support and training for OpenRoads Designer and MicroStation Connect.
- Work independently to create learning materials.
- Develop, coordinate and implement an efficient and successful statewide training plan.
- Experience using InRoads and/or Open Roads software.
- Self-starter with strong logic, problems solving, and strong communication skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong command of the English language with clear speaking skills for recording videos and teaching live training classes
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or equivalent experience in road and drainage design
- 5 or more years of experience and a comprehensive understanding of infrastructure projects and transportation workflows
- Experience developing training materials and/or recording training videos
- Exposure to other Bentley Civil and/or other software such as...
- Drainage Design and Analysis (Subsurface Utility Engineering, StormCAD)
- Survey Data Acquisition and Analysis (InRoads Survey)
- Subsurface Geotechnical (gINT)
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and excellent benefits.
- A friendly, collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Being part of the world-leading software company providing solutions for architecture, engineering and construction.
- The opportunity to work with a global team of dedicated colleagues.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Resident Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Geology, Design Engineer, Engineering