The Paralegal / Floater is responsible for enhancing attorney effectiveness by providing information management support, assisting the attorney in the delivery of legal services, including but not limited to assisting with clients. This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. However, the position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises. Candidates are will be required to travel to the Brickell, Ft. Laurderdale, Boca and West Palm office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets clients, and takes all client calls
- Handles all calendaring and scheduling for meetings, calls, and ensures all deadlines are met
- Organizes and files documents, closes files for offsite storage
- Opens new files, runs conflict checks
- Drafts general correspondence and engagement letters
- Copying/Scanning, binder and trial preparation, bate stamping, redaction and document indexing
- Revises all documents, including redlining and comparing
- Utilizes and works with Dictation/Transcription if needed
- Enters Attorney Time
- Prepares and E-files documents at the State and Federal Level as it pertains to practice
- Prepare pleadings in accordance with State and Federal rules
- Assist with document retrieval; maintain case files, cite-check
- Prepare for depositions, i.e., prep. Binders, exhibits, and all other discovery related tasks
- Organize and prepare exhibit lists and/or privilege logs
- Input and scan documents and information into the file database and case management software
- Assists with completing expense reports if needed
- Familiar with several practice areas
- Attention to Detail.
- Technical/Functional Expertise and Usage.
- Written Communication.
- Verbal Communication.
- Planning and Organizing.
Moderate travel is expected for this position within the tri-county area.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree, or Legal Certificate
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience as a Paralegal in the practice area.
Greenspoon Marder is currently not accepting resumes or referrals from search firms for this position.
Greenspoon Marder is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All inquiries will be kept confidential.