Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Accounting, Auditing; Accounting, Auditing jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2019-01-12
The Financial Markets Advisory (FMA) group helps financial institutions, longterm investors, finance ministries and central banks address their most difficult, and interesting capital market, balance sheet and regulatory challenges. The customized services our team provides include customized model construction, complex asset valuation, strategic consulting, asset management and regulatory advisory.
Our team is known for:
- Expertise: Combine the strategic mindset and creative problem solving of a financial consultancy with the asset expertise of an investment bank. Our team advises senior executives at financial institutions and government entities on their most difficult - and most interesting - capital markets, balance sheet, and regulatory issues
- Customized services: We provide customized services to meet our clients' needs including model construction, complex
asset valuation, strategic advisory, asset management, and regulatory consulting
- Clients: Include some of the largest, most sophisticated financial institutions in the world, as well as government institutions across the globe, providing our Analysts with diverse and challenging work experiences
- Scale: Ability to analyze large, complex data sets, produce comprehensive analyses, and leverage cross-functional professionals to meet client needs
- Trusted Advisor: Operates to the highest fiduciary standards and conflict management principles
As a summer analyst you will
- Be afforded a diverse and challenging professional experience with broad reach across the public and private sectors
- Interact directly with clients to present results, address requests and questions
- Work on multiple cross-functional project teams concurrently, providing you with access to a range of professionals, their expertise and experience
- Learn about financial institutions, markets, and the key issues driving change
One team, two paths.
FMA offers two paths within the Analyst program, one focused on strategic advisory, problem solving, and client relationships (Advisory) and the other focused on capital markets, data, analytics, and technology (Markets and Analytics Group). While these roles differ functionally, projects are staffed in a multi-disciplinary manner, with team members constantly working together to meet client objectives.
- Play a key role in managing large, multi-disciplinary project teams including subject matter experts, market practitioners, and technologists
- Assist in leading project execution with a hands-on role in driving project progress and deliverables
- Develop analytical skills by performing quantitative analyses in support of client engagements
- Enhance written and verbal communications skills and synthesize complex topics in client presentations and pitch materials
- Build and deploy subject matter expertise across a range of themes in order to help clients achieve their objectives, including bank balance sheets, capital markets, credit risk management, etc.
MARKET & ANALYTICS GROUP
- Develop asset class expertise by working alongside capital market experts in support of client objectives
- Gain a deep understanding of data, analytics, and modeling by contributing to the execution of engagements
- Leverage BlackRock proprietary technology and relevant programming languages to create, enhance, and execute projects in a scalable manner
- Stay abreast of market trends and of the evolving landscape of relevant technology
- Significant quantitative coursework and familiarity with programming languages (in particular Python and/or R) recommended