Posted Under: Tampa, Florida jobs in Accounting, Auditing; Accounting, Auditing jobs in zipcode 33695
Posted On: 2018-12-07
- Primary Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
- Other Location: United States,South Carolina,Fort Mill
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: Description
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
This role will contribute to the scoping and execution of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) audit coverage in accordance with established Internal Audit (IA) methodology and professional auditing standards, legal entity governance reporting, and other regulatory compliance audits. The position will provide IA's Compliance and KAMLS CoE team with local resources to ensure the provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with the US and global IA strategies and Global Consumer and Institutional Clients business objectives.
The candidate should have functional knowledge of local regulatory compliance and AML programs that have been established to comply with the U.S. and in-country regulatory requirements, transaction monitoring systems, Citi policies and procedures, provisions and guidelines established by the US Treasury Department and other related agencies as related to prohibited activities, money laundering and financing of terrorism, and applicable regulations governing local banking activities and operations. The candidate must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements and the related risks and controls and demonstrate the ability to work with senior management and lead audit team execution.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports in accordance with Audit Plans, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validations and business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Uses excellent communication and writing skills to influence internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which may impact the area managed.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibits initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: KAMLS for Consumer or Investment Banking Businesses, technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
- Interacts with regulators on a periodic basis
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues.
- Analyses reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems.
- Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including the most complex.Qualifications
- BA/BS, preferably with a degree related to business, mathematics or statistics.
- Related certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus, while a CAMS certification is a strong plus.
- Greater than 10 years of experience in areas related to AML programs, banking regulations, local standards, and internal policies
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding Internal Audit, with emphasis in AML Programs, including AML topics such as AML Risk Assessments, Know Your Customer (KYC), Transaction monitoring and Investigations/SAR decisions and Sanctions.
- Experience in a related role with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Demonstrates experience in managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Knowledge of financial services Compliance and AML programs, regulations, standards, and standard business internal policies.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/tampa.florida-jobs/3683377885!