Cameron Craig Group
Posted Under: Sterling, Virginia jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 22170
Posted On: 2018-12-06
Sr QA Engineer/ Lead Location: Sterling/Dulles, VASalary: open/based on experienceJob Type: Direct-Hire (full-time employee/W2/perm)** Due to nature of work being performed, US Citizenship is required About the company and roleOur client is the leading provider of software and services that advance commerce and collaboration among government agencies and contractors. Their software solutions provide federal, defense, and intelligence agencies, and contractor organizations with the visibility, control, and transparency necessary to improve productivity and performance while also meeting increasingly stringent federal compliance standards. The QA Regression Lead is a hands-on role, which will guide the day-to-day operations of a team of quality engineers, as well as performing test planning and test execution, while working closely with the development teams across the Product Operations department. The QA Regression Lead is an individual contributor that is primarily responsible for defending and improving the quality of the organizations primary software, within the budget and schedule constraints.Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of raising the quality level of a product, and a passion for creating market-leading software. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering. Responsibilities/Requirements
- Lead quality regression team in an agile environment leveraging current best QA practices to raise the quality level of the company's primary software product.
- Guide and mentor team on modern QA processes and procedures, as well as facilitate interaction with the software development teams.
- Define and document a full repeatable regression plan for the company's primary software product, using a combination of automated and manual testing practices.
- Execute regression tests to improve the quality of the company's primary software product.
- Must be able to utilize SQL and use the command prompt to perform query and configuration-related activities.
- Works closely with the Director, Software Engineering to budget for and hire additional staff.
- Experience with leading a QA team is a must.
- Experience managing an automated test case management tool (Zephyr, Silk) a plus.
- Experience with JIRA and VersionOne a plus. Required Education and Experience
- BS or MS in a related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of overall professional experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on testing experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of team lead / management experience CitizenshipApplicants MUST be a US Citizen and MAY need to be the subject of a security investigation and need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/sterling.virginia-jobs/3681860211!