Additional Job Information
Title: Speech-Language Therapist
City, State: Port St. Joe, FL
Location: SHH Gulf
Department: Rehab Services General OP 001
Additional Job Details: Part-Time, Day, 24 hours, Weekly
Thank you for your interest in Northwest Florida's leading health care provider - Sacred Heart Health System.
Northwest Florida is a growing, family-oriented community, offering a mild climate, year-round recreational opportunities and beautiful sugar-white beaches along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
As part of Ascension - the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system - Sacred Heart offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership's support for their well-being.
Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. For our more than 100-year history, we have been blessed with talented associates who believe in our mission and are dedicated to serving our patients and families.
Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in Pensacola, Miramar Beach and Port St. Joe, Florida, as well as The Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart - Northwest Florida's only children's hospital - and Sacred Heart Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty physicians in Northwest Florida. In affiliation with the University of Florida, Sacred Heart offers the region's only kidney transplant program, as well as physician residency programs to train the next generation of doctors in internal medicine, pediatrics and obstetrics/gynecology.
Evaluates and treats patients requiring speech-language therapy.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to drive and use personal vehicle.
- Plans and coordinates off site/campus patient group activities/programs based on specific functional therapy goals.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Florida Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Master's Level Degree
- Graduate of a Speech Pathology program required and 375 hours of supervised clinical observation/practice required.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining the Sacred Heart Health System Team, please apply by completing an online application.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at .
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/-jobs/3321300253!