Food Services of America
Posted Under: Anchorage, Alaska jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 99530
Posted On: 2020-08-02
Food Services of America
Area Category Operations ManagerUS-AK-AnchorageJob ID: 2Type: F T REG# of Openings: 1Category: Category ManagementFood Services of AmericaOverview US Foods is one of America's great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With nearly 25,000 employees and more than 60 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill. and generates approximately $23 billion in annual revenue. Come join our team where we help you make it! BASIC PURPOSE Support and execute the implementation of US Foods division category strategy across the defined Area. Execute recommended assortment changes and support positive local vendor relationships for all DCs within the defined Area. Support Area and DC sales staff with product assortment updates, informational inquiries and delivery of merchandising goals for all DCs within that Area. Support all local customer requirements within the defined Area keeping in line with the national strategies coming from the Center. COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. From using sanitized interview rooms and social distancing to providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. Our safe workplace efforts include COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. We're also providing robust support to our customers, from webinars and one-on-one consults with our experts to detailed reopening materials. US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here . Responsibilities ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop implementation plan for category strategy customized for multiple Distribution Centers. Ensure implementation is in alignment with overall US Foods category strategy and goals and defined Area needs.
- Review assigned Area product assortment and gauge product penetration, noting slow or dead SKUs as well as growth opportunities. Responsible for profitable sales growth within assigned categories for their Area. Request exception SKUs, as needed, to finalize Area assortment, determine DWOs, and create conversion plans. Ensure Area product assortment is in alignment with US Foods category strategy and work to reduce SKU duplication. Ensure all local customer needs are met and are aligned with the national strategies.
- Maintain lead role in consistently gathering local market data for multiple DCs in assigned Area (including trends) through feedback and intelligence from culinary team, sales staff, and vendor partners. Report new product opportunities and provide data on competitors. Finalize Area assortment and core complement and exception SKUs.
- Facilitate product training and new product introductions, with DSS, Specialists and sales staff. Ensure product/brand message is in alignment with overall USF strategy. Work closely with the culinary team, conducting planning meetings to identify accounts and categories and their potential opportunities.
- Support and facilitate all FSQA inquiries for the assigned Area through appropriate procedures and work closely with the Region team on any national or regional vendor issues. Support major Area-specific account bids through thorough analysis, coordinate customer on-boarding, and keep sales staff informed of ongoing category strategy.
- Other duties assigned by manager. Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS Education/Training:
- Four-year college degree in business or related field, or equivalent field experience required. Related Experience:
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years category management experience required
- Project management experience preferred, ideally this experience will derive from the food service or food manufacturing industries. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to operate successfully within a matrix organization, working effectively with multiple groups.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, drive organizational transformations and support change management within the organization.
- Must be able to provide fact-based recommendations across a variety of management levels resulting in buy-in and improvement in category performance.
- Must be self-directed and highly motivated, possessing a strong business acumen.
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Excel required; working knowledge of PowerPoint is required working knowledge of Microsoft Access a plus. EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status