Posted Under: Brigham City, Utah jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 84302
Posted On: 2020-02-15
OverviewThe Brigham City Region of USU is seeking a qualified office coordinator and front desk receptionist. This outgoing and positive individual will serve as the face for the USU Brigham City buildings and operations. They will work with students, faculty, staff and visitors by answering questions and directing inquiries to the correct locations. They will ensure an upbeat environment and promote an inclusive and positive atmosphere. This person will possess a can-do attitude and be efficient at solving problems associated with customer service.ResponsibilitiesReceptionist Duties/Recruitment
- Overseeing front desk operation normally between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday but altering times may be required.
- Responsible for greeting the public, answering telephones, and positive communications.--
- Distributing incoming and outgoing mail daily, and maintaining appropriate electronic filing of documents and historical data.
- Acting as a cashier to receive payments and maintain records.
- Helping students and the public with information about USU.-- Assisting students in making appointments for tutoring and meeting with advisors, telephoning students and others as part of recruitment activities which may occur in the evenings or weekends.--
- Maintaining a strong and productive working relationship with staff, faculty, administrators and external constituents.
- Maintaining neat and organized personal appearance as well as maintain a positive work environment at the front desk and employee workroom.Graduation/Enrollment
- Preparing daily enrollment reports for facilitators and room scheduler.--
- Assisting with Commencement ie: cap and gown loans, RSVPs for events.Various Office Tasks/Other duties as assigned
- Recording minutes at meetings as needed.
- Managing and maintaining special projects individually as assigned.
- Assisting and promoting community events, Student Government activities, and various Brigham City campus events.
- Simple Steps Staff Wellness: maintaining monthly tracking sheet, prizes and awards, monthly reminders, Yearly Theme and goals.QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Two years of experience in an office setting or at least an associate level degree/vocational training.
- Positive personality that is inviting and engaging as well as positive personal hygiene.
- Strong customer service background, experience, or knowledge with the ability to apply those skills in creating positive experiences while interacting with others.--
- Effective presentation and speaking skills especially while engaging individuals one on one at the front desk.
- Ability to work in a team setting with a service-oriented attitude and a desire to strive for continuous improvement.
- Responsive, creative, and able to work independently without strong oversight.
- Ability to travel to events and activities within the Brigham City Region and able to adapt schedule to participate.--
- Proficiency with common computer software such as word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, databases, etc.Preferred Qualifications
- Proficiency at writing and editing.
- Knowledge of USU policies and procedures.
- Experience working in an educational setting.
- Marketing or promotional experience.Required DocumentsAlong with the online application, please attach:--1. Resume--to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under "Resume/CV"2. List of 3 professional references--to be submitted at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile3. Cover Letter--to be typed/pasted at the end of your application under "Cover letter"--**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**Advertised SalaryMinimum salary $30,000 depending on experience, plus excellent benefitsADAEmployees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes.-- The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions.University HighlightsUtah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utahs land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 27,800 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,140 graduate students) on the Logan main campus. Utah States statewide system features eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves all counties in the state with Extension programs. USU offers 165 undergraduate majors, 138 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. Washington Monthly ranked USU 14th in their national university rankings in 2019 and the 5th best public national university in the nation in 2018. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah State University can be found here.--A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital.--Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.--The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region. --USU recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the universitys academic mission of learning, discovery, and engagement. USU is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any of its programs and activities based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy or local, state, or federal law (https://equity.usu.edu/non-discrimination). The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding USUs non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of the Office of Equity Alison Adams-Perlac, email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266; Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266.For further information on the notice of non-discrimination, you may contact the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights, 303-844-5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov.Learn more at:--https://equity.usu.edu/. USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who are also seeking employment.