Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2020-02-15
We Are Hiring Registered Nurse - Long Term Care ---Full-Time, Days - Carroll Manor - Washington,DCWhy Join Ascension? Senior Living and Long-Term Care CommunitiesAs a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.We---re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension --- professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.What You Will Do As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients in the long term care setting in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--obtained within--1 Month (30 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Registered Nurse--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required--Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension--is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf--- ----Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension--participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.E-Verify (link to E-verify site)--