Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Legal; Legal jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2020-02-15
Who are we?
Named for several years as a "great place" to work by The Washington Post and Washington Business Journal, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox P.L.L.C. is proud to be one of the most highly regarded intellectual property specialty law firms in the world. We recognize that it is the talent and dynamism of each individual at Sterne Kessler that makes that possible. With that in mind, we have cultivated an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating with just the right touch of fun and exuberance. We offer a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and are Metro-accessible in a prime downtown location with many nearby restaurants and shops.
What do we need?
We are seeking a paralegal with trademark experience to join our Trademark Practice as a Senior Trademark Paralegal. This is a newly created position and is an opportunity for an experienced trademark paralegal to work closely with the Trademark Practice Leader and supervise and mentor our trademark paralegals. This is an exempt position.
How will you make an impact?
- Monitor individual trademark paralegal productivity and coordinate efficient work allocation.
- Coordinate with the Trademark Practice Leader and Secretarial and Paralegal Manager to develop and implement trademark paralegal training programs. Monitor paralegal skill development to ensure progress.
- Act as liaison with Trademark Practice Leader on paralegal issues.
- Coordinate with the Trademark Practice Leader to develop, implement, communicate, and manage efficient group procedures. Conduct regular meetings with trademark paralegals to ensure compliance with and understanding of group procedures, new trends, objectives, and targets.
- Manage assigned client trademark portfolios; monitoring and assisting with all aspects of US and foreign trademark application prosecution, maintenance, and litigation.
- Organize and maintain trademark prosecution, maintenance, and litigation dockets and files relating to the same.
- Prepare and submit filings with the USPTO.
- Prepare and send correspondence regarding foreign trademark application prosecution, maintenance, and litigation to foreign counsel.
What will you bring to the role?
- At least 10 years of trademark experience.
- At least 3 years of experience managing or coordinating staff.
- High level of detail orientation, excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deadline-driven: able to complete projects and work efficiently under pressure.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience and training. Paralegal certificate a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel, is also required.
Sterne Kessler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.