Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2020-02-15
ID (external): 2Location: US-VA-ArlingtonOverview
You are confident and most engaged when you are leveraging your strong writing talent, attention to detail, and leadership abilities. We are looking for someone just like you to help transform our donor communications team.
Today, we stand together with the more than 700 of the country's most effective business and philanthropic leaders. You challenge the status quo and think beyond what exists. We are looking to reimagine how we communicate with current and prospective donors.
From broad communications to individual donor products-we are looking for an innovative leader to innovate on our product catalog, including establishing a long-term narrative arc informed by the team's fundraising objectives. In this role, you will help to guidethe strategy and day-to-day activities of the donor communications team. You'll leverage your strengths as a hands-on leader to build the team by identifying and developing writing talent, while bringing your knowledge of development communications best practices to bear. In this position you'll build critical partnerships across the creative, programs, and development teams, as well as organizations across the Stand Together community.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Create a master editorial calendar, helping to determine what products most effectively promote strategic objectives
- Manage a team of writers by working with them to assign projects that build on their areas of specialization as well as maintaining a level of high quality across the entire team
- Manage the internal review process, and provide edits, feedback, and guidance for team members
- Write and edit content for a wide variety of donor communications, including newsletters, proposals, mailings, emails, and reports
- Coordinate the team's activities with internal and external points of contact
- Mentor and coach current team members to improve their writing and other relevant skills
- Provide training opportunities for staff to grow their contributions
- Develop content for a variety of formats and subject matter, all focused on informing, motivating, and inspiring donors to take desired action
- Generate a consistent narrative and voice for the organization
- Develop strategies, tactics, and cadences for engaging donors through diverse communications
- Interact with partner organizations and relationship managers to identify opportunities to drive strategic objectives
- Develop and cultivate relationships - building trust and confidence with partnership advisors, program leaders, and other subject matter experts
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- You have 8+ years of writing and communications experience, including 3+ years of supervisory experience
- You have proven ability to resourcefully seek knowledge seeking as well as knowledge sharing
- You are comfortable managing multiple time-sensitive projects at once and adapt quickly to new information
- You have excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- You have the ability to effectively build relationships with diverse portfolios of partners
- You're an excellent writing coach and mentor
- You have the ability to take initiative, and work independently and collaboratively, in a fast-paced environment while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization
- You can drive projects to successful completion
- You have the ability to adapt voice and style for different writing projects, especially persuasive writing
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience writing development or fundraising products
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds-including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy-to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management -- (MBM -- ). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM-- prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class. PM19