Posted Under: Lexington, Kentucky jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 40598
Posted On: 2020-06-30
Correctional Medicine opening in Lexington, Kentucky. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com About Corizon HealthCorrectional healthcare is not just a job. It's a calling.By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.ResponsibilitiesBelow is a list of your responsibilities as a Physician - PRN with Corizon Health at Fayette County Detention Center, located in Lexington, Kentucky:
- Visit the infirmary daily and document encounters in patient's Medical Record as assigned. Ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensure all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensure all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Adhere to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedures. Document pertinent observations and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
- Utilize available in-house resources and personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing am off-site referral. Provide emergency treatment on-site and respond appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrate proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
- Serve as a resource for other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.Experience & Requirements
- Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of employment.
- Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration.
- Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required.
- CPR certification.A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.ID 2020-7798Job Locations US-KY-LexingtonCategory Physician & Physician LeadershipPosition Type PRNShift / Schedule VariableLocation ID 00616 Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs