Posted Under: Alexandria, Virginia jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 22336
Posted On: 2020-06-30
Hospitalist opening in Alexandria, Virginia. This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Join A Collegial Practice Where You Can ThriveAs an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.Inova Alexandria Hospital, a 318-bed, non-profit, community hospital, was awarded 'A' grades for the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, recognizing Inova's achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer healthcare. Inova Alexandria also holds a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Established team of 13 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Full range of specialties including neurosurgery; Complex cases are referred to Inova Fairfax Hospital which is a 1000-bed tertiary care facility with heart and lung transplant programs
- No call environment
- Hospitalists are part of RRT
- Closed ICU; Procedure experience preferred (open to performing/learning central lines)
Requirements of Advanced PractitionersOur talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in VA. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent hospitalist experience. Not open to new grads - ideally looking for a candidate with a minimum of one year of experienceLocation & Lifestyle Situated in the Washington-Arlington metropolitan area, Alexandria's picturesque waterfront offers dockside feasting, voyages along the Potomac River, or bike rides to George Washington's Mount Vernon. Virginia is a four-season destination with the geography and climate to match every adventure seeker's idea of fun! Keyphrases: hospitalist jobs