Posted Under: Galveston, Texas jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 77555
Posted On: 2020-06-30
Overview First aid staff consists of state and/or nationally certified Basic Emergency Medical Technicians who respond to guest situations and provide medical assistance to staff and guests as needed. Qualifications Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be friendly and outgoing with a high customer service acumen.
- Required to maintain established performance levels.
- Minimum Basic EMT Certification. Physical Requirements:
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, picking, pinching, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motion of the hands, wrists and/or fingers.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- Exposure to environmental conditions such as rain, direct/indirect sun and heat for extended periods of time.
- Subject to standing in natural, untreated river water or other water for extended periods of time.
- Subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- Subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Subject to atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Frequently in close quarters, costumes, crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and line pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
- Functioning in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Exposure to multiple, high-stress situation at any given time and must maintain a high level of alertness. Responsibilities
- Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency action plan.
- Enforces all property rules in a consistent manner.
- Creates and maintains a culture of safe work practices.
- Makes guest internal/external service and guest satisfaction a priority in every aspect of the job.
- Reacts to emergency situations and performing necessary related first aid skills.
- Maintains accurate documentation of incidents.
- Becomes familiar with park layout and proper access to all areas of the facility.
- Performs equipment maintenance.
- Participates in supply inventory and stocking.
- Maintains a proactive watchfulness of equipment and supplies in your designated room and trauma bags.
- Communicates and helps guests on a regular basis as well as providing them with exceptional customer service.