Apple Bus Company
Posted Under: Soldotna, Alaska jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 99669
Posted On: 2020-06-30
Responsible for transporting school-aged children, and other authorized personnel, safely and efficiently over specified routes to/from bus stop to school and/or various activities. This role is Part-Time [Non-Exempt] often working split shifts of morning and afternoon. NOTE: If you currently do not have a CDL and are interested in getting one, Apple Bus has a FREE training program for new applicants. Essential Duties:
- Perform inspection of the bus before and after each route
- Transport children to and from school in the mornings and afternoons
- Ensure safety of all students, may include assisting the student on and off the bus when required
- Discipline children according to school district guidelines, to maintain a safe & healthy environment
- Obey all traffic laws
- Maintain a clean and mechanically-sound bus at all times
- Attend monthly safety meetings Other Duties:
- Keep dispatch and passengers informed of possible delays or route changes
- Participate in bus evacuation drills and implement evacuations as required in an emergency
- Notify maintenance and/or supervisor of mechanical failure, safety deficiencies, or other incidents
- Complete written logs or reports as required.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by Management Minimum Requirements:
- A minimum age of 23
- Hold a current and valid driver's license with a minimum of the past 3 years
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Class B CDL with proper endorsements & DOT medical certification immediately following completion of provided training Preferred Requirements:
- Class A or B CDL with P & S Endorsements
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to receive and carry out instructions to perform work duties
- Reliable attendance Working Conditions and Physical Requirements While performing the duties of this job:
- Frequently exposed to loud noise levels; fumes or airborne particles; noxious odors; vibrations from driving a bus; and traffic.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside inclement weather conditions.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel; use foot controls to drive; reach with hands and arms; climb and descend stairs with a maximum height of 17 -- inches; bend, stoop, and kneel; and talk or hear.
- Physically able to perform and demonstrate emergency evacuation procedures. This includes the pushing/pulling of up to 50 pounds, operate two hand controls simultaneously and quickly in an emergency situation, carry or drag a person up to 125 pounds 30 feet in 30 seconds or less, exit from an emergency door opening of 24 by 48 inches at least 42 inches from the ground in 10 seconds. Must be physically able to open all emergency exits installed in any school bus they may be assigned.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, night/dusk vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
- Specific hearing includes having hearing sufficient to be aware of traffic or road distractions and conditions, must be able to hear and listen to children. The noise level in the work environment is loud. Driver Benefits
- Competitive Wages w/ flexible schedule
- Trips and extra work availability Apple Bus strives to offer benefits that meet our employee needs. We offer part-time employee's access to plans for dental, vision, temporary and long-term disability, critical illness, accident, retirement plan contribution, plus competitive compensation with paid time off including holidays. Employment at Apple Bus is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment. Apple Bus Company is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED EMPLOYER