Posted Under: Lake Bluff, Illinois jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 60044
Posted On: 2021-05-05
The Production Line Team Leader adds support to the Supervisor relating to work activity clarity and monitoring of worker progress so as to provide the client with the best product, value, and service to meet standards. Oversees work environment to implement and maintain a clean workspace with safe protocols.
10 - 20 personnel that vary in diversity and numbers based on production level output.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
All duties as assigned and the following specific activities. (enlarge space as needed)
- Assists in operating equipment and ensuring correct and accurate and machine operation consistency.
- Oversees the assembly/filling line process ensuring proper labeler, capper, torquer, box taper operation, gluing, sewing and all other line stations.
- Ensures proper line staffing to execute filling and packaging successfully.
- Reviews Bill of Material to assure correct components and product.
- Ensures accurate staging of material and work with jeep driver to assure component quantities versus solution yield.
- Assists in other areas of the assembly/filling line as needed
- Performs routine line adjustments as needed.
- Scans commodities to work order as needed.
- Reviews accuracy and completeness of paperwork prior to shift end.
- Contacts and expedite additional mechanical assistance if needed.
- Reports any work-related performance issues with any team member(s)
- Reports to work 15 minutes before the start of the shift for a production line update and overlap with the previous shift line leader.
- Stays 15 minutes after the end of the shift for a production update and overlap with the incoming shift line leader.
- Willingness to work regular overtime as needed as part of shift overlap.
- Performs all duties in a safe and conscientious manner demonstrating leadership.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or situations and communicate with associates on unsafe, rude, inappropriate conduct and report to Supervisor if needed.
- Manages the line team work during downtime and rework jobs.
- Documents any relevant downtime and other issues on the production reports.
- Provides necessary feedback to shift peers and management on line performance.
- Works to maximize line efficiency and rates without compromising quality.
- Accurately completes all required paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Minimizes production line scrap and rework through smart decision-making.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work line at all times.Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
On-going outcome that is measurable (minimum of 3)
- Consistently Maintains scrap levels within company and client standards
- Understands and meets the production output needed
- Successfully tracks and reports production progress to the teamVisual Pak Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visual Pak does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender (orientation or identification), sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis covered by federal, state, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, skills, individual performance, and business needs
About the Organization
Established in 1982, The Visual Pak Companies is THE source for contract packaging and manufacturing solutions. Operating daily on over two million square feet across the United States, our world-class facilities provide a large spectrum of operations from product development to distribution.
Our privately held multi-million dollar group of entities each brings an expertise to supplying high-volume tolling or turnkey options. Expanding our capabilities has allowed us the capacity to be a full service operation that sets us apart from other manufacturing and co-pack companies. As a one-stop-shop, we offer the complete process from formulating a product to distributing it. With our own R&D resources we improve quality and ensure that we adhere to our customers standards.
Our customers include some of the largest consumer product companies in the household, personal care, automotive and food markets. We serve to improve quality, reduce cost, increase turn around, and sustain eco-conscious values.
As a family of companies, we are committed to investing in the skilled people behind our proven excellence of good strategy and balanced business models. With our continuous growth and need to meet high demands, we are always looking for innovative individuals to join our team!
Liquid Blending & Filling, CPG Packaging, Contract Manufacturing, Cartoning, Thermoform, Turnkey, Warehouse, Logistic Services, Distribution, Alcohol, Food Packaging, R & D Development Resources, Chipboard Solutions
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent requiredExperience (years and topics):
- Experience operating filling equipment in a safe and productive manner.
- Base level ability to learn routine mechanical adjustments.
- Ability to learn processes and procedures and assume ownership.
- Team player who builds trust and commands a level of respect.
- Ability to manage and lead a line team.
- Proficient math skills
- Able to problem solve, creative and quick optionsTechnology/Software (years):
- SAP or other WMS system knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of Outlook or other email systemCommunication:
- Able to read and write English
- Bilingual Spanish and English fluently is preferred.
- Effective at building quick interpersonal rapport and trust
- Ability to write and speak clearly to openly communicate.Physical Capabilities (add lines as needed)
Strength (lifting, dexterity, repetitive motion):
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 lbs. on occasion.Movement (standing, stopping, sitting, crouching, crawling):
- Ability to stand and move up and down the lines for 4 hours at a time.Hearing (loud noise tolerance, quiet work area, public speaking, receive work direction):
- Work environment is a warehouse floor with many noises, beeping, and other mechanical devicesVision (judge distance, read signs, extended computer work, identify details):
- Able to see properly so as to fulfill expectations of positionFull-Time/Part-Time
This position is currently accepting applications.