Posted Under: Bellevue, Nebraska jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs in zipcode 68147
Posted On: 2021-05-05
Position Summary: The Systems Analyst will serve a liaison between the Business community and the Agile Delivery team. The Systems Analyst plays key roles within the organization across many disciplines within the Agile lifecycle, including requirements gathering, documentation, analysis, design, configuration, testing, and operational support. Leveraging your functional and technical expertise to support many business applications to ensure the design, development and implementation of systems and programs specifications supporting the operations, strategies, and business processes.
By leveraging a vast technology tool kit to design, integrate, enhance existing systems, the Systems Analyst improves the operational performance, adding new features and functionality, and automating process for improved business efficiency and productivity. Responsible for ensuring the system and its related processes are operating within the intended framework of the University's system guidelines, security is maintained and preserved, and that any modifications recommended for implementation meet system criteria.
- Provides technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT projects and supporting and enhancing existing University enterprise systems.
- Works closely with business partners supporting the needs of the business and within an Agile Team.
- Creates and reviews functional and technical specifications for business processes.
- Provides guidance on decision-making around key technical decisions.
- Facilitates or leads process changes including integration of system capabilities and workflows.
- Interacts with 3 rd party application vendors in support of Enterprise systems and application integrations.
- Develops procedure and system documentation for program/process developments or modifications.
- Facilitates, mentors and leads the resolution of production issues. Evaluates enterprise issues and impacts, documents process and procedures, and maintains communication process through all levels of management.
- Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements plans to test business and functional processes during system development and maintenance.
- Researches, conducts analysis, designs and implements security setup and protection following standard security practices including user access controls, system access and security settings.
- Plans and develops strategy for the implementation of system security in alignment with technical requirements and business objectives.
Individual Contributor Competencies:
- Initiative - Takes prompt action to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives.
- Service Orientation - Applies effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills when responding to customers and committed to customer satisfaction.
- Quantity/Quality of Work - Pays close attention to detail. Strives to achieve accuracy and consistency in all tasks.
- Teamwork - Encourages team unity by interacting positively with co-workers through the sharing of information or expertise, working together to solve problems, and putting team success first.
- Time Management - stays focused uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
- Student focus - the ability to keep the student at the center of what we do, and why we do it. Exhibits passion about improving the educational experiences of our students by creating lasting partnerships.
- Adaptability - Corrects behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations. Tackles obstacles appropriately. Is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Active Learning - understanding the implications of new information for current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, independent thinker , planning, good follow-up and follow-through with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
Skills & Abilities:
- Associate's Degree or related work experience required. Bachelor's Degree a plus.
- Java experience desired. Programming experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Academic systems a plus.
- Work with Financial systems and/or Document Imaging solutions desired. Oracle Peoplesoft FMS, Oracle EBS or Oracle Fusion a plus, or, familiarity working with an ERP system utilizing various tools.
- The ideal candidate progressively familiarizes themselves with new systems and functionalities allowing them to take on increasingly complex tasks and duties.
- Experience with designing and maintaining simple-to-complex system solutions.
- Ability to initiate, develop and enhance productive working relationships with internal/external customers and stakeholders.
- Accustomed to a fluid environment, team collaboration, and some after-hours support.
- Self-motivated, independent, responsible team player with initiative and a drive for learning.
- Flexible to change as business needs and technologies evolve.
- Good written, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Higher Education is desired.
Computer Skills: Oracle Peoplesoft FMS, Oracle EBS or Oracle Fusion a plus, or, familiarity working with an ERP system utilizing various tools.
Certificates & Licenses: N/A
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements: N/A
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in a normal office environment using a personal computer.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation's most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at .
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an .