U.S. Department of State
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2021-05-05
- Duties Help Duties Summary This position is located in the Domestic Technical Services Branch , Systems Integrity Division, Office of Information Technology Infrastructure , DCIO for Foreign Operations, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM/FO/ITI/SI/DTS), in the U.S. Department of State (DOS). The subject position reports to the Manager of the Video Program Office (VPO) in exercising important responsibilities for the engineering, design, operations and maintenance of the VPO programs. Learn more about this agency Responsibilities
- Supports staff in performing daily duties associated with operations that include ensuring the availability and integrity of the VPO infrastructure and management tools.
- Ensures technicians have the necessary training and documentation to support their customers and to resolve Tier 1 incidents and service request tickets.
- Troubleshoots VTC equipment and analyzes requirements for VTC support.
- Conducts installation site surveys and approves Performance Work Statements in consultation with the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) for the Video Collaboration Equipment and Services (VCES) contract.
- Prepares and presents equipment demonstrations and familiarizations for the customers, and ensures that property records, equipment databases and points of contact are kept current.
- Serves as VPO Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in ensuring compliance with Information Assurance Directorate (IA) and Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) cyber security policies and procedures. Travel Required Not required Supervisory status No Promotion Potential 13
- Job family (Series) 2210 Information Technology Management
- Requirements Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- Verification of employment eligibility in the United States is required. Qualifications Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement. If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application. Applicants applying for the GS-13 grade level must meet the following requirements: Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Establishes and implements an assessment schedule that leverages the contract vendor's preventive maintenance plan, and develops recommendations.
- Customer Service - Conducts installation site surveys and approves Performance Work Statements in consultation with the Contracting Officer's Representatives.
- Oral Communication - Presents equipment demonstrations and familiarizations for the local customers.
- Problem Solving - Makes decisions or recommendations that significantly influences important agency IT policies or programs. AND Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience applying IT and IM policies, requirements and guidelines, required to effectively administer resources that include voice , video, data, computer hardware and software, LANs, applications, database management systems and connectivity to internal and external systems.
- Experience applying communications concepts related to the LANs, Wide Area Networks (WANs) and data communications, necessary to carry out important engineering, design, operations.
- Experience maintaining functions and services for video programs. NOTE: In order to qualify for this position, your experience MUST be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate. There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-13 position. Education See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.