Chiefs for Change
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2021-05-05
Senior Associate, Strategic Partnerships and Development Job Description Position: Senior Associate, Strategic Partnerships and Development Reports to: Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships and Development Location: This position may telecommute from anywhere in the United States About Us Chiefs for Change is a nonprofit, bipartisan network of diverse state and district education chiefs. With more than three dozen members, our work is focused on advocacy, leadership development, and member supports. We are positioned to rapidly spread bold policies and practices, as we have:
- National reach: Our members lead education systems with more than 7 million students, 454,000 teachers, and 14,000 schools.
- Diverse contexts: Our network is diverse in terms of race, gender, political affiliation, and geography.
- A model for disseminating promising ideas: We work with our members, excellent technical assistance providers, and top-tier research institutions to scale innovative approaches designed to improve student learning.
Job Summary Chiefs for Change (CFC) is seeking a highly organized individual with outstanding writing skills, experience with grant management and reporting, and a passion for educational equity. This is a remote position with a preference for the person to be based in the Washington, D.C., area. As an integral member of the development team, the senior associate, strategic partnerships and development will work to solidify and grow the organization's funder base. The individual will report to the senior director of strategic partnerships and development and will be responsible for managing CFC's grant portfolio and development process. This work involves drafting grant proposals and reports, as well as managing timelines and communication with funders. Responsibilities The senior associate will manage CFC's existing portfolio of grants by collecting and synthesizing data; cultivating relationships; preparing high-quality written proposals and communications; and overseeing tracking and reporting to ensure accurate and effective engagement and stewardship. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading the comprehensive grant process, including writing and editing proposals; submitting proposals; processing the award; reporting on grant milestones; and preparing renewal submissions.
- Preparing and drafting high-quality written materials, including grant reports; proposals; briefs; letters of inquiry; presentations; and email campaigns.
- Conducting timely and accurate research and working with the development team to evaluate foundation, corporate, federal, and individual grant prospects.
- Managing all funder requirements throughout the grant cycle to ensure cross-team contribution and timely submission of needed letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports.
- Collecting and synthesizing information and data on CFC programs and priorities for grant reports, proposals, and supplementary materials.
- Managing consistent communications with current program officers and funder teams related to grant processes.
- Supporting the deepening and growth of CFC's relationships with existing funders
- Working closely with the senior director to assess and adjust CFC's fundraising and donor stewardship strategies.--
- Assisting the senior director and the executive team in advancing the organization's development and partnerships work as needed
Requirements Candidates must possess all of the following:
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize items to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional written communication skills: specifically, must write compellingly about our organization, mission, and goals and effectively tailor messaging to different audiences
- Passion for CFC's mission and vision
- Proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making capability
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong experience with database systems; Salesforce experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree; 5-7 years of professional experience
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a clear and effective communicator (both written and verbal), and exceptional at sharing, translating, and directing information to teams and external partners in a virtual work environment
- Has exemplary writing and research skills, including the ability to synthesize multiple sources of information and adapt it to different audiences
- Is a professional multi tasker, with top-notch project management and organization skills, lightning-fast reaction times, and a meticulous attention to detail
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize items to meet critical deadlines
- Thrives in a collaborative working environment and has a team-player attitude with a keen sense of curiosity and determination to pursue goals
- Has an appetite for working through ambiguity and leading through change
- Has a growth mindset and is always seeking new opportunities to improve the work--
- Is aware of the latest trends in the K-12 education landscape and is eager to apply new knowledge
The salary and benefits for this position are competitive and will depend on prior experience. CFC also offers a comprehensive benefits package. To Apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com . As we are a small team, we are not able to directly respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates who we select to move forward in the interview process. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds. How to Apply Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . As we are a small team, we are not able to directly respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates that we select to move forward in the interview process. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. First Name * Last Name * Email * Current Position * Current Organization * Applying For * Drop a file here or click to upload Maximum upload size: 516MB Please use the following naming conventions: CoverLetter_FirstNameLastName and save the documents as pdf files. Resume * Drop a file here or click to upload Maximum upload size: 516MB Please use the following naming conventions: Resume_FirstNameLastName and save the documents as pdf files. How did you hear about us? * If you are human, leave this field blank. Subscribe to Receive Updates Contact us footer If you are human, leave this field blank.