Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2021-05-05
ECS is seeking a Windows Server System Administrator to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award. Job Description: The Windows Server System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems, software and related infrastructure inside the environment running on the Windows Server Operating System. The Admin ensures that system hardware (monitoring), operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to department requirements. This individual will assist project teams with technical issues related to project initiation and planning. These activities include requirements definition, development of technical strategy, technical analysis and design and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. The Administrator will also support reliable operation and ongoing maintenance of the deployed servers. Job Functions:
- Assess the stability, security and scalability of installed Windows Server systems.
- Discuss system and server upgrades with project management.
- Install and upgrade Windows systems and servers.
- Provide technical support for staff and back-end system users.
- Troubleshoot system and server errors.
- Review system error logs and user-reported errors.
- Monitor and update the Windows codebase.
- Manage user access.
- Monitor system performance.
- Maintain server architecture security and create system backups.
- Interface with other teams and agencies as needed. Required Skills:
- BA/BS with 5-7 years of experience required or MS degree with 3-5 years of experience
- or a PhD with 0-2 years' experience.
- 5 years of Windows System Administrator experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows server setup, deployment and maintenance.
- Experience with Active Directory and group policies.
- Familiarity with Windows clustering.
- Ability to create and modify batch and PowerShell scripts.
- Experience with databases, patch management and networks including LAN and WAN.
- Familiarity with modern operating systems and server platforms.
- Knowledge of network security systems and intrusion detection systems.
- Experience with systems backup and data restoration.
- Good problem-solving skills, analytical and communication skills required.
- Understanding of storage architectures.
- Understanding of load balancing.
- Experience with Windows features and roles. Desired Skills:
- Experience with virtualization, VMWare/Citrix preferred.
- High standards result oriented and a commitment to delivering high quality solutions on time.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn emerging technologies and continually expand skillset.
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with demonstrated persistence in driving solutions through to completion.
- Experience with system security requirements and configuration.
- Strong experience with cloud services such as Amazon Web Services or Azure.
- Experience troubleshooting network issues at the operating system level. ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.