Terran Orbital Corporation
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2021-05-05
THIS POSITION IS IN BOCA RATON, FL Don't be just an employee number! Come join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically design, build, launch, and operate state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is currently seeking a talented and growth-minded GCC High Systems Administrator / Information Security Analyst to join its growing IT team. This position will be responsible for the smooth implementation and operations of its cloud infrastructure and security systems, as well as monitoring our computer networks for security issues, and protecting our systems and information infrastructure.
You will work collaboratively with the network and security engineer on the design, implementation and maintenance of our company's new IT network architecture and security systems to protect Terran Orbital's computer networks from hackers and cyber-attacks. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in government cyber operations and a proven track record of successfully integrating cyber with other information related capabilities and have detailed knowledge of industry's best practice processes within an NIST 800-171 compliant environment.
This position will report to the Director of IT and is an incredible opportunity to help lead and support the outcome of a major commercial space capability and lead the implementation of an IT department in a great company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the success of a fast-growing, multidisciplinary team who devise remote sensing satellite missions and capabilities responsive to customer needs
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with a team of engineers, scientists, and leadership to capture key strategic and tactical concepts, specifications, and use cases to utilize best practices in implementing its secure network infrastructure, creating IT policies, processes, and related documentation as required
- Implement information technology operations (e.g., network security, access, systems backup, support, data encryption, etc.), install security measures, and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure
- Conduct mission and operations analysis, define mission needs, and drive operational requirements with a focus on cyber security
- Support technical leadership on cyber operations strategy and deterrence for government sponsors, be passionate about cybersecurity as a coordinated capability with traditional defense, homeland protection, and special operations
- Educate employees on operational and other contexts for cyber operations, to include specific training when needed
- Monitor computer networks for security issues, record and investigate security breaches and incidents
- Conduct frequent testing of simulated cyber-attacks to look for vulnerabilities in the computer systems
- Stay current on IT trends and security standards, develop company-wide best practices, and provide recommendations to managers about security advancement to best protect the company's systems
- Proven working experience as an Information Security Analyst or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of information analysis, cyber security, and computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data center management and data governance within an NIST 800-171 compliant environment
- Hands-on experience with computer systems, network administration, and software installation
- Strong background working with the intelligence community or DoD cyber organizations
Qualifications And Skills
- BS in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Systems Engineering, MIS or similar field
- Certifications in CEH, CISSP, and CISM
- Certifications in GCC High and experience as an Office 365 Administrator
- Extensive knowledge of firewalls
- Ability to self-govern with minimum supervision, establish workload priorities, and to utilize efficient time management practices to achieve assigned tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 22 CFR
- 120.15 or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
- U.S. government issued security clearance at the Secret or Top Secret/SCI levels
- Ability to translate complex technical topics in a clear and compelling fashion
- Desire to learn new skills as required and develop expertise in areas that may be unfamiliar
- Employee Stock Program
- Generous PTO with floating holidays and flexible vacation policy
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
About Terran Orbital
Founded in 2014 in Irvine, California with headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida. Terran Orbital is a leader in state-of-the-art nanosatellite design, development, manufacturing, testing, and launch. Its focus is on its own SAR constellation, the world's largest and most advanced commercial Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Terran Orbital---the clear choice for compelling SAR solutions!