Central States Manufacturing
Posted Under: Hartford, South Dakota jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 57033
Posted On: 2021-05-05
JOB SUMMARY: Provides "Right. On Time. Every Time." products and customer service, both to external and internal customers, within CSMI standards. JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Follows all plant safety procedures and uses all applicable personal protective equipment (PPE). Holds other team members accountable to follow all safety procedures.
- Operates all machinery required following safety guidelines; machinery can include benders, roll formers, wrappers, slitters, shears, forklifts, and other machines as assigned.
- Follows all setup procedures and work instructions as documented in the Operations System.
- Completes all quality checks as documented; makes adjustments and re-produces product as needed to provide accurate and damage-free product to the customer.
- Completes all daily orders in assigned area.
- Meets or exceeds area's goals including safety, productivity, scrap, on-time delivery, and accuracy.
- Performs daily operator preventive maintenance checks, as assigned.
- Reports all machinery issues to Maintenance promptly.
- Cleans and resets work area at the end of each shift, including but not limited to sweeping the floor, placing items in the proper storage area, stacking pallets, restocking packaging, and dumping trash.
- Accurately updates all records and visual tracking, whether written or electronic (e.g., coil footage, cover sheets).
- Cross-trains as directed and is willing to work at any production position in the plant, on an as needed basis.
- Participates in monthly inventory.
- Completes all other tasks as required or assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or upper management.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred.
- Current CSMI Certification on Crane and Forklift (if applicable).
- Must be willing to master the ability to operate assigned task and cross-train in at least two additional work tasks.
- Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Customer and detailed oriented. Follows instructions.
- Exhibits a continuous improvement mindset with ability to verbalize ideas for process and work flow improvements.
- Ability to read a tape measure, do basic mathematical calculations, and use a calculator.
- Ability to learn production operations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to twist, bend, and reach to perform job duties.
- Ability to work while being exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Follows procedures and utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ability to learn internal Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Be willing to work various shifts.
- This is a Safety Sensitive position
- Consistently exhibits and displays the company's values of "Own It. Can Do. Act in Love."
- Own It - Commitment to customer, the company, and each other
- Can Do - Pursuing continuous improvement
- Act in Love - Treating others with humility, respectfulness, kindness, honesty, patience, and self-control