Posted Under: Birmingham, Alabama jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 35275
Posted On: 2020-03-26
We Are Hiring RN-ICU - Critical Care Unit - Full-Time, Night - St Vincent's East - Birmingham, AL - 7pm - 7am What you will do: As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to diverse population. We care for adult patients 18 years or older. This critical care unit has 14 beds. The staff consist of a Unit Manager, Patient Care Supervisor, Registered Nurses and Unit Secretaries. Unique to our unit is that we treat a variety of cases specializing on post-surgical patients. The nurse to patient ratio is 2-1. Our department is team oriented and dedicated to providing the best patient care to our patients and their families. New hire orientation is anywhere from 8-12 weeks to ensure success of our new associates. What you will need: BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Work Experience: 2-5 years of critical care preferred but not required Why Join St Vincent's/Ascension: St. Vincent's East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to drive downtown. St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
- Great location with suburb feel patients not wanting to drive downtown.
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical appointments.
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth Suites/NICU.
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presents in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community. As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)