IMPAQ International LLC
Posted Under: Washington, DC jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 20599
Posted On: 2020-03-26
ANALYST - INTERNATIONAL (OPERATIONS)
Job Location US-DC
Founded in 2001, IMPAQ has grown into a world-class research, data, technical assistance, and capacity building organization with over 370 staff across the globe. IMPAQ has successfully implemented government contracts and grants for research, evaluation, program monitoring, and technical assistance and capacity building in the United States and in more than 43 countries.
With our experienced team of experts and through our suite of diverse tools, we facilitate a clearer understanding of the impacts and implications of legal, policy, and programming decisions. We provide practical, evidence-driven ways to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and return on investment, particularly in response to declining budgets and increased expectations.
IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
IMPAQ is seeking creative, enthusiastic, and extremely organized Operations Interns and Analysts to help expand IMPAQ s international development work in evaluation, research, and evidence-based technical assistance. Interns will be considered for extension and/or full-time staff positions.
As an Operations Intern and/or Operations Analyst on our fast-growing team, you will be exposed to a variety of projects, which may include documentation review, invoice processing and reconciliations, audit support, budget tracking, LOE tracking, and many other projects as they come available. You will help with the strategic development and direction of the team and will make significant contributions to new systems and processes development at IMPAQ.
Successful Operations Interns and/or Operations Analysts will be highly-motivated, client-focused, creative problem solvers with strong natural communications and analytical skills. We expect candidates to come with a strong commitment to excellence and producing results. We are a team that is resourceful, responsible, tenacious, high-energy, and always has a positive attitude.
Candidates will be responsible for day-to-day contact with and support to projects. They are knowledgeable about evaluation and technical assistance methodologies, and will participate in the development and implementation of impact and performance evaluations, as well as of technical assistance programs. S/he may also support the writing of persuasive proposals describing complex activities and highlighting IMPAQ s institutional capabilities and key personnel. They have the writing skills necessary to produce and/or review project reports, memos, and budgets, and client-facing communications. Their work may involve occasional trips to the field to assist with project operations.
Specific duties include supporting:
* Operations, by supporting project management staff in:
* drafting and editing scopes of work for consultants;
* overseeing the work of expert consultants, ensuring deliverable quality and timeliness;
* Help organize and prepare materials for all-staff training sessions;
* Assist with research, drafting, and editing new policies, processes, and/or initiatives;
* Coordinating field mobilization for staff and consultants;
* Processing and reconciling invoices and payments to subcontractors and vendors;
* Maintaining project document libraries on SharePoint and on intershared drives.
* Research and Evaluation, by supporting economists and sociologists in:
* cleaning, reviewing, and analyzing of qualitative and quantitative data from impact and performance evaluations using various software programs;
* Constructing, cleaning, managing, and documenting datasets for both internal and project purposes;
* Assisting in writing, compiling, editing, and formatting portions of project reports;
* Support the creation of customized and presentation-quality reports from data analysis results.
* New Business Development, as proposal coordinator, including by:
* maintaining the proposal calendar;
* meeting notetaking;
* assisting with proposal background research;
* participating in consultant recruitment;
* formatting CVs and proposals;
* coordinating and/or conducting capture trips ;
* Maintaining proposal document libraries on SharePoint and on shared drives.
* Final year undergraduate student or first-year graduate student, with prior experience in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment. Prior experience working for an international development organization highly preferred;
* Strategic and creative problem solver who is adept at developing efficient systems and decision-making processes;
* Ability to master updating budgets, tracking and managing resources, and/or supporting recruitment and program management efforts;
* Highly collaborative and approachable team member who is enthusiastic about supporting the team and working closely with others at IMPAQ;
* Excellent oral and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complicated and detailed data to team leads, project managers, and other internal and external stakeholders;
* High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and reliability;
* Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and work streams with competing time/resource demands;
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
* Enthusiasm, energy, good judgment, and humor;
* High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
* Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.
* At least 1 year of qualitative and/or qualitative experience evaluating, researching, or supporting international development projects or policies;
* Experience with data analysis, qualitative and quantitative research methods, and data management techniques using STATA, SAS, Access, NVivo, Excel, or other databases
* Familiarity with data visualization tools and methodologies, including infographic summaries
* Foreign language skills, particularly Spanish
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. IMPAQ s hours of business are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IMPAQ International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).