Posted Under: Newark, Delaware jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 19726
Posted On: 2020-03-26
Summer Intern 2020, Member Engagement
Job BriefInternship opportunity with the AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware Member Engagement organization
Your career starts now. We're looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we're passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we'd like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies offers paid summer internships to students enrolled in full time undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
As an AmeriHealth Caritas intern, you will learn about the health care industry, our Medicaid and Medicare plans, pharmacy benefits management and behavioral health care - and how we are working to improve access to health care for all Americans. You will also join us in building healthy communities through active service projects that support our mission.
- Candidates must be enrolled in college degree program and have completed the first year of college (rising Sophomore) by the start of the summer internship program.
- Undergraduate candidates must be working toward a 2-year or 4-year degree. College graduates interested in an internship must be enrolled full time in a post-graduate program or professional school (e.g. master's program, law school) at the start of the internship program.
- Candidates must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 GPA scale.
- Candidates must have unrestricted work authorization
The Member Engagement Department is responsible for the oversight the health plans strategic vision for all services the impact AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware's membership. Our goal is to create positive experiences for our members while helping to educate and cultivate relationship with community, civic and faith based organizations. In addition, we are responsible for reviewing all member communications and collateral materials, including our social media platforms.
The intern will assist with planing community events, conferences, providing presentations to community and civic organizations through our New Member Orientation Series, Assist with organizing and attending monthly departmental staff meetings, updating internal communications share-point site and additional communications requests, support the planning of our internal employee newsletter, gathering of media consent and release forms under the supervision of the Mgr. of Communications and Marketing.
Education & Experience:
Preferred background and or experience in health care, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Community Engagement Degree. Strong working knowledge of word processing, Power Point, Excel, Word etc. Effective Communicator, self- motivated, interpersonal skill set detailed oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines. Enthusiasm for the undeserved communities and overall well being of others.
- Rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student
- Majoring in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Public Health, Marketing or related major
- Excellent Business Writing skills
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Ability to work independently