Menorah Medical Center
Posted Under: Overland Park, Kansas jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 66215
Posted On: 2021-02-24
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for Qualified Candidates!
Do you have the
career opportunities as a Medical Technologist you want in your
current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a
facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services
MMC, we want to
ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental,
and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
(100% annual match ? 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Theft Protection discounts
Home, and Life Insurance options
Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a
committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Lab
Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are
valued?-- If you are dedicated to caring
for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your
knowledge and expertise!
Technologist--(ASCP) performs diagnostic testing on
patient samples to aid physicians in the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various
disease states. Follows standardized procedures and helps prepare samples for
testing. Requires a bachelor's degree and must be a certified--medical technologist.
About this unit:
- Unit is very focused on quality.
- Great work environment with friendly staff.
- Flexible scheduling is offered.
- Great mentors available to help employee learning and growth.
- Under the general
supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead
Technologist performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities including clerical
duties, data entry, and specimen processing.
- Performs moderate
complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by
CLIA 1988. Performs post-analytic testing responsibilities including test
reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or
physiologic causes of unexpected test results.--
Monitors quality control. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Maintains non-analytic
equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
- Maintains a safe work
professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
- Participates in
performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test
methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
- Correlates abnormal
laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether
follow-up tests should be performed.--
theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory
science (medical technology) students.
- Assists with the
orientation and training of LTA, LSC, CLT/MLT, MT Non-registered, and CLS/MT
- The Medical Technologist
analyzes and interprets testing for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child
patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17
years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65
years and older.----
- This employee may or
may not be required to perform specimen collections as defined by their
other duties as assigned.Qualifications What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor degree in laboratory science or related science required OR ?Grandfathered? as a medical technologist by CLIA 88
- MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), MLS (ASCP) or, as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I (ASCP),-- H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or-- equivalent required OR registry/certification eligible.-- Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire.--
- Experience preferredMenorah Medical Center, a 155+ bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community?s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.HCA Healthcare has been continually named a--World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere--since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Lab Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!--We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Notice Our Company?s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.