Posted Under: London, Arkansas jobs in Engineering; Engineering jobs in zipcode 72847
Posted On: 2021-02-24
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. As a Dolby Senior Music Engineer, you will be an integral part of the CP Europe team enabling the creation of music content in Dolby Atmos. We are looking for individuals who don't like wearing a single hat and thrive on flexibility and being versatile. This role is highly customer facing so you must love helping customers achieve their goals and deliver exceptional customer support experience when called upon to do so. Travel is an essential part of the job. The most important thing we are looking for is a belief that 3D immersive audio is the future of music and TV content. If you truly believe immersive audio will change the production and music world, we want to hear from you. Additionally, if you have an extreme sense of ownership and are passionate about constantly improving, we want to hear from you. You will need to be highly self-motivated and disciplined. You are joining a globally distributed team. As a distributed team, there is an even higher need for clear and honest communication. You must be willing to share the good and the bad, and work toward a common goal if sometimes it means doing new things you are not familiar with, or that aren't in your job description. Essential Job Functions:
- Function as a pre-sales engineer to the Dolby account team. The role will be focused on Music production but could evolve in time to include TV production
- The role involves educating music studios on the requirements and workflows for Dolby Atmos. Sharing best practices and answering customer's questions related to Dolby Atmos music creation, distribution, and high-level playback requirements. You will bring in additional Dolby subject matter experts where needed in the pre-sales process.
- Work with music studios to design the room, plan the workflows, ensure their electroacoustic sound replay systems are set-up and calibrated correctly, and give an accurate reference for artistic decisions. Train producers, mixers, and audio engineers in the use of Dolby Atmos mix and rendering tools and immersive audio-related mix workflows.
- Build and maintain relationships with music studios and music production companies spanning from studio managers to mix techs and music producers.
- Lead the charge of education and training sessions in the UK. Conduct workshops, training days, industry events, prepare documentation, and training materials. A key part of the role is to spread the knowledge of immersive audio beyond Dolby's walls out into the music industry. This will also include attending major trade shows and conducting presentations, helping with customer meetings by providing expertise in 3D audio mixing and production. Eventually, you could also be supporting similar activities in other European countries.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 1 support for certified facilities and strategic partners. Strategic partners may require you to be on-site at a facility or customer to help resolve workflow issues or to design workflows to solve problems our customers are not able to do so on their own. Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Audio Technology, Electronics, Acoustics, Music and Sound recording or similar and 4+ years of experience in music production--
- Deep knowledge of acoustics principles, room acoustics, loudspeaker design and performance, audio signal processing, and room equalization.
- Expert-level knowledge of AVID Pro-Tools and related control surfaces.
- Experience in mixing in the Dolby Atmos format.
- Maintain relationships within the Commercial Partnership team and the global Dolby organization.
- It is vital that an applicant can quickly and thoroughly learn a variety of technical topics in a short time.
- Experience working with OTT/VoD Delivery Formats, workflows, technologies, and codecs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven team player, plus strong work, and business ethics. The role requires the ability to document and write structured reports.
- Self-motivated, self-assured person with an aptitude to interface with personnel across the customer engineering organizations.-- Additional Preferred Skills and Education:
- Deep Production experience of music. 7+ years or more.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality on all content related work.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in intense and time-constrained environments.--
- Experience in training people on new software and/or hardware. Including developing a training curriculum and conducting classes or webinars.
- The ability to explain complicated technical concepts in clear concise everyday language as well as get deeply technical and communicate with engineers and product managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You seek to be part of a high-performance team that is growing and desires to do the best work possible. Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically. The position can be based in London and requires regular domestic and international travel.-- Dolby Hiring Entity:
4-6 Soho Square