Posted Under: San Jose, California jobs in Engineering; Engineering jobs in zipcode 95199
Posted On: 2021-02-23
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated firmware engineer to develop and support our cutting edge Data Center NVMe SSD products. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data Center NVMe SSD (both high performance and mainstream DC products) firmware development and debug for OEMs
- Spec gap analysis, firmware customization\development; collaborate with other engineering teams to analyze debug information and implement and deploy firmware solutions.
- Analyze, debug, and resolve firmware issues observed at domestic and international customer sites as well as at local and overseas development centers.
- Triage and root cause system, driver, and device interoperability issues at customer sites.
- Frequent travel and stay at domestic and international customer sites as well as overseas development centers for extended periods of time (can be up to multiple weeks at a time).
- Assist customers by running or inspecting their tests at onsite locations. REQUIRED SKILLS
- BS in Computer/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science, and 8 years of relevant experience in software or firmware or a MS in Computer/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science with 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Strong understanding of Data Center SSD customer requirements and standards
- Direct working experience with major Data Center OEMs in customer facing Firmware Support role.
- Strong familiarity with Data Center firmware feature design, implementation, and debugging challenges.
- Strong experience in C/C++ programming for embedded systems is required.
- Strong experience with UART/JTAG/ICE debuggers, and protocol analyzers
- Familiarity with at least one of the storage protocols such as SAS / SATA / SCSI / FC / NVMe / PCIe protocols is required. Familiar with NVMe/PCIe protocol is a plus -- Open to frequent and possible extended domestic and/or international travel.
PREFERRED SKILLS -- Is comfortable working in a multinational environment and understands how to leverage cultural diversity.
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation of technical information IND2016 (if needed)