Posted Under: Roseville, California jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs in zipcode 95747
Posted On: 2021-02-23
KORE1, a nationwide provider of staffing and recruiting solutions, has an immediate opening for a Scrum Master for Agile Web &/or mobile app dev + financial services &/or software/SaaS company experience
We provide friendly financing options for B2C & B2B customers.
In Agile, the Scrum Master (AKA Agile Delivery Lead) is a challenging position as he/she cares about the team functionality. He/she is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. He/she increases team efficiency, motivates the team, spin, argues for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. They ensure the DoD (Definition of done) is being followed.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team, organization and meets the needs of the business. This includes ensuring stories are written correctly to ensure the elimination of waste or carryover from 1 sprint to another.
- Actively removes impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Build a trusting, safe and unified environment where problems/concerns can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done ideally without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work. Helping to ensure that work assigned in a sprint is reasonable & accommodates work-life balance for all staff.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Relevant degree or certifications a plus.
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for 3 - 5 years year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. (We follow the Spotify Squad model - Scaled Agile).
- Experience doing so for a financial services or Software/SaaS based company desired
- Experience working with development teams charged with building out mobile responsive web and/or mobile required
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience coaching others on story writing to ensure there's no waste or carryover from 1 spring to another.
- Very diverse and profound set of communications skills. Can communicate effectively and easily with Developers, Partners and Executives.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.). Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: DevOps Agile, XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Excellent mentoring skills.
- Software product development experience
Benefits & Perks
- Paid training and career development
- Diverse, welcoming culture with various team building activities and seasonal company events
- Casual dress
- Benefit program with discounts & rewards to theme parks, restaurants and other exciting venues
- Unlimited access to various snacks/drinks/coffee
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k benefits
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!
ABOUT KORE1Specializing in creative and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT and Creative professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.
Kore1 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kore1 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Kore1 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.Improper interference with the ability of Kore1's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.