Posted Under: Atlanta, Georgia jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs in zipcode 31190
Posted On: 2021-02-23
Who are we?
If you're a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for design, development, modification, debug and/or maintenance of software systems
What will your job look like?
- Understands & analyses business problems and needs for Samson billing system implementation at T-Mobile USA.
- Support daily operation and resolve customer issues in timely manner
- Acts as a liaison among stakeholders communicates and implements recommended solutions in the relevant support area of Number Portability.
- Support full Ensemble implementation and new products as part of the CSM and WNP production support
- Write high level design documents that describe the solution end-2-end , including the impact on business processes, integration points, new screen flows, etc.
- Analysis and documents business and technical requirements that best reflect customer needs.
- Effectively participates in and/or leads formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge and experience and providing technical perspective and support; Performs demonstrations of solutions to users.
- Responsible for communicating the solution to customers' business and/ or IT personnel, explaining the details of new solutions and their impact on business processes and ensuring that the customer understands the solution.
- Follows up on solution design issues in his domain until solution is signed off and supports the resolution of configuration/ implementation-related issues if and when they arise.
- Perform efficient work for keeping the highest quality support level
- Involvement on accepting new version upgrades ensure high quality
- Support smooth operations of Samson application in production
- Be actively involved in the design and development of new functionalities and proactively own them before and after deployment in production
- Insure testing quality by validating the test cases and recommend on testing strategy
- Review the test results for all code fixes, under your area of expertise, provided either by OGS or by Triage team and provide notes
- Provide an appropriate training sessions to your T-Mobile peers, after coordinating this activity with your leads to keep them up-to-date with all new and existing functionalities
- On Call support and reporting back to managers about the daily operations and issue
All you need is...
- Wide Knowledge in following Amdocs products
- Samson Ensemble Billing system
- Amdocs Customer Support Module
- Amdocs Resource Management
- Amdocs Number portability
- Amdocs Price Plan application
- 3-5 years' of experience in business/system analysis, working with customer on requirement and business processes definition
- Collaborate with other on-site and off-shore teams
- Learn and apply new material quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical skills
- Resolve complex problems
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the Ensemble suite of applications
- Thorough understanding of Wireless Billing business.
- Ability to interpret the business context around technical challenges
- High level of architecture understanding
- Testing methodology
- Development methodology Software/Hardware Knowledge
- Hardware: HP, SUN, Windows Workstation
- Operating systems: Windows, LINUX
- Programming Languages: C, C++, COBOL, Perl, SQL, PL/SQL, PowerBuilder, Tuxedo, Java, Cloud computing
- General Software TOAD ( SQL Tool ), Microsoft Office, Jira
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged to design and develop new software applications.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth. Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce