St. Joseph Health
Posted Under: Fullerton, California jobs in Accounting, Auditing; Accounting, Auditing jobs in zipcode 92640
Posted On: 2021-02-23
Surgery Information Auditor - General Surgery We are looking for a Surgery Information Auditor with General Surgery at St. Jude Medical Center.
Location: Fullerton, CA
Schedule: Full Time - 80 biweekly hours
Shift: 8-hour Days
Performs billing functions. Audits surgery intraoperative records for accuracy of procedures, times, and implant use. Assigns correct acuity and verifies wound class. Compares specimens and diagnosis against procedures. Confirms counts done by appropriate personnel. Notifies nurses where corrections are needed and does follow up review to see that corrections were made. Assists in maintaining Informix relational database. Reports to Surgical Services Manager and acts as a backup when necessary.
- Reports - Competent in designing reports in Extelligence for the analysis of data. Makes recommendations and implements solutions for business decision-making. Run reports as requested:
- Run daily reports to check for RNFA usage and accurate roles for personnel on each case.
- Monthly Statistics - Run and distribute Surgical monthly statistics. Maintain appropriate graphs and spreadsheets. Focuses on the detail, quality and integrity of data and information. Collaborate with key stakeholders in obtaining data in a useful format.
- PICIS Support - Provides PICIS support to any PICIS users in the absence of PICIS. Ability to diagnosis problems and provide solutions in absence of the PICIS clinical informatics specialist.
- Staff Education - Ability to educate users how to use all PICIS modules. Including training on how to use Crystal Reports. Able to make training documentation with Hardcopy.
- Security - Ability to securely set up new users with passwords.
- IT Skills - Has basic understanding of both software and hardware functionality and ability to troubleshoot basic end user problems to either provide a resolution or to provide appropriate information to IT support.
- Billing - Knowledge of billing and follow-up processes. Manages daily billing functions for surgical services ensuring correct transmission and receipt of data:
- Ensures billing of supplies and implants that are not in PMM.
- Connects with materials management to ensure entry of new items to PMM.
- Financial - Collaborates with other support departments (DSS, Materials Management, Accounting, Finance, Quality, Infection Control etc.) by understanding their business needs and endeavors through the provision and support of reports and analysis.
- Accountability - Exercises initiative and accepts responsibilities for actions, overcomes obstacles, formulates and implements solutions judiciously by weighing the benefits and risks, makes suggestions and follows through to complete assignments in a timely fashion.
- Audits documentation for critical information (i.e. implants/time), for accuracy of new employees and spot audits in collaboration with OR managers. Alerts OR manager of documentation issues.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Windows systems, office equipment including printers, photocopiers, fax machine.
- H.S. Diploma or GED Experience:
- One (1) year Operating Room experience.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- RN St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit, 384-bed, tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern California's most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals. With nearly 700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether for the birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the standard for medical care and offers the community the most comprehensive array of services and programs.
St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Jude Medical Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies. My Profile Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.