Hampton Roads Transit
Posted Under: Norfolk, Virginia jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 23500
Posted On: 2021-02-23
Hourly Wage: $16.05 The Servicer prepares company vehicles for service including refueling and the monitoring/replenishment of other fluids. This position is required to operate vehicles on facility, on public streets as required and through bus washing equipment. The Servicer is responsible to ensure vehicle is in proper running order and ready to be returned to active service each day. This position requires supervision. Essential Job Functions: (Duties listed are neither intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.) Technical:
- Fuel HRT vehicles with diesel fuel, diesel exhaust fluid, or gasoline as needed.
- Perform required daily readiness service on revenue and support vehicles.
- Drive vehicles through the mechanical bus wash, around the property, and to and from the HRT facilities as required in a safe, defensive, and professional manner.
- Check engine oil, transmission fluid and coolant levels to ensure proper levels are maintained.
- Perform daily operational and safety inspections on the vehicles including but not limited to tires, lights, fuel, engine oil and transmission fluid, coolant, and cleanliness.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the work and shop areas to ensure a safe work environment.
- Perform the duties of Cleaner as required.
- Operate a forktruck. Administrative/Teamwork:
- Interact effectively, courteously, and professionally with operations department employees and other HRT employees regarding vehicle repairs and other shop business.
- Assume primary responsibility of assigned projects.
- Train other HRT employees in the safe and efficient performance of fleet maintenance and proper operation of required maintenance equipment.
- Perform all required written, computerized and other documentation as directed.
- Report inoperable equipment, equipment abuse or component tampering to the supervisor.
- Be involved in the daily operation of the shop/service line and be able to fill in during the absence of the supervisor. OSHA/Safety/Environmental:
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with HRT/OSHA standards.
- Safely uses all power and hand held equipment.
- Maintain awareness and compliance with all current HRT, local, state, and federal regulations, such as regulations governing the handling and disposal of hazardous waste and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). HRT Environmental Management System (EMS):
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's EMS.
- Handle all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan. Training and/or Education: High School Diploma/GED required. Licenses or Certificates: Must have CDL Class B license and/or CDL permit and the ability to acquire within sixty (60) days of employment a valid Virginia CDL Class B license with air brake and passenger endorsements. At a minimum must possess a valid CDL learners permit at the time of application or board sign up. Special Requirements:
- Ability to pass DOT physical examination.
- This position is classified as essential personnel and Safety-Sensitive.
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able interpret and carry out verbal and written assignments.
- Must be able to pass federal government background screening process for local military installation access FLSA Status: Non-exempt Physical Demands: Must be able to lift fifty (50) lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Unusual Demands: Must be able to work in all weather conditions and on all work shifts. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require overtime as necessary to meet service demands.