Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee, Inc.
Posted Under: Nashville, Tennessee jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 37250
Posted On: 2021-02-23
Job Summary:The Director of Real Estate is a hands on leader for all real estate, construction, new store growth, leased and owned property administration, and facility maintenance efforts regarding Goodwill Industries of Middle TN's (GWMT) 50+ property real estate portfolio. This person plays a key role in identification and analysis of new markets for retail store, warehouse and donation collection sites. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and planner with strong business and financial acumen and proven real estate analytical capability.Job DescriptionEssential Functions
- Development, management and maintenance of GWMT's 50+ property real estate portfolio.
- Strategic development and execution of a real estate strategy and plan, including market analysis and strategic placement of new stores, warehouse facilities and donation sites.
- Oversee the development of an administrative database of owned and leased properties.
- Negotiate and document all related lease documents for new and renewal properties. Function as the primary liaison with landlords regarding lessor's obligations, options, renewals, etc. Liaise with other attorneys and outside counsel.
- Perform reviews of all tax, insurance, CAM and other real estate obligations, and reconcile with stated responsibilities in the lease. Negotiate directly with landlords when needed.
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with key developers and brokers in GWMT's market area.
- Ownership of the entire property life cycle beginning with site selection through facility delivery and maintenance.
- Responsible for the ongoing, day-to-day maintenance of stores, working with and assisting Operations and store management teams.
- All construction, remodel, repair, and improvement efforts across GWMT.
- Ownership of the GWMT capital and repairs/maintenance budget; own delivery of results as they relate to facilities - on time, on spec, on budget.
- Ability to work within GWMT's financial plan and understand financial impact of real estate functions. Understanding of proforma financial analysis for retail stores.
- Proven abilities in relationship management with both internal and external stakeholders, including management of relationships with third parties as part of the oversight and coordination of all real estate activities.
- Assist departments with special projects as requested. Interact with other GWII operations to share and optimize real estate operations knowledge.
- Ability to lead, manage and influence across organizations at different levels.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies and procedures, as well as legal requirements, at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by management.Minimum QualificationsRequired SkillsEducation
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or another related fieldExperience
- 8+ years of tenant/occupier side real estate and facilities management business experience.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Strong understanding of commercial construction is required, including the ability to understand technical drawings and terminology.Knowledge and Skills
- Facilities regulations and requirements, including IBC and ADA.
- Excellent time -management skills and strong business acumen.
- Working knowledge of demographic, and mapping tools.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Attention to detail, time management skills, deadline-oriented, flexible and able to juggle priorities.
- Must have high moral standards and a great work ethic.Preferred Education / Experience / Knowledge & Skills / Certifications & License
- Experience in retail logistics is preferred.
- Represent GWMT in professional organizations such as ICSC or NRTA. Posted 4 Days Ago Full time 13172 About Us Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee's mission is to change lives through education, training, and employment. Full-Time Benefits: Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union Membership Part-Time Benefits: 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation & Sick Leave, Direct Deposit, Credit Union Membership