Posted Under: Portland, Oregon jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 97239
Posted On: 2021-02-23
The Cloud Architect will provide the technical solutions and services needed to support customer business objectives using modern digital services practices, cloud architecture and innovative technologies. This is a hands-on position working collaboratively with clients, business development and development teams. The Cloud Architect will use critical thinking, analysis and research and business acumen to evaluate and recommend approaches that customers want to implement and result in successful projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate to provide strategic technology plans that follow architectural best practices
- Actively participate in solutions for systems, as it relates to developing plans and roadmaps, including researched cost-benefit and risk-reward analyses
- Document application development and delivery environments, including all layers from abstract to physical. Continually update this formal documentation in preparation of any changes
- In depth knowledge and experience with the AWS Well-Architected Framework---
- Work with Application Development and IT to develop a DevOps best practices across all projects
- Architect and building highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS.
- Work with technology management to support project management processes; assisting in prioritization and sequencing of infrastructure projects, supporting project work breakdown activities, helping to remove roadblocks, and collaboratively leading to resolution of disagreements related to solution design
- While acting as a thought process lead, share responsibility for the design aspects of all stages of the workload creation, including investigation, logging, monitoring, analysis, specification, design, development, testing, maintenance, upgrade, and improvement
Work to help establish knowledge management as a core practice within Application Development and DevOps, including a repository of knowledge, the practice of managing knowledge within iterative change, and the sharing of knowledge to different levels of the organization
- Support the review of processes, roles, responsibilities, and documentation in support of agency audit and compliance activities related to solutions design
- Design measurement methods and metrics to support the continual improvement of service provision and all supporting processes. Develop further monitoring to ensure that all services meet their service levels and target
- Strong technical knowledge of application at all layers including COTS, cloud-based, and custom applications, middleware, operating systems, databases, servers, networks, and virtualization technologies
- Concepts, principles, and practices of enterprise architecture, IT governance, and project management
- Strong understanding of business objectives, drivers and principles, and how they relate to technology solutions
- Modeling, prototyping, and alternatives analysis
- Principles, practices, methods, and techniques used in information technology systems architecture, design, implementation, and ongoing administration
- Capacity management and the design of scalable solutions.
- In-depth understanding of key issues and success factors
- Act as a resource to provide advice and guidance to any and all areas of the company
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience in Solutions Architecture is required, 5+ years of experience desired
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional required plus one additional AWS Associate, Professional or Specialty Certification
- Management experience is desired, though this role will be primarily collaborative as an individual contributor
- Proven record of success in a software development life cycle
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and research, analysis, and writing skills.
- Ability to foster a collaborative and transparent working environment, forging meaningful and positive working relationships that drive a strong peer culture
- Ability to work independently and/or part of a team, taking initiative with minimal direction to creatively solve problems within the confines of company policy; always seeking direction when conflicts persist
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to collaborate in the research and development of formal documentation and strategic plans with emphasis on real-world citations that lead to rationale.
- Ability to build consensus with other stakeholders in a positive and educational way.