Army National Guard
Posted Under: Winona, Mississippi jobs in Engineering; Engineering jobs in zipcode 38967
Posted On: 2021-02-23
As a Cannon Crewmember in the Army National Guard, you join a team that ensures the U.S. maintains its battlefield superiority. You'll deliver decisive blows to the enemy using howitzers and learn how to use high-tech cannon artillery weapons systems, plus artillery tactics and strategy.
And as your skills increase, so will your responsibilities. Advanced Crewmembers supervise other crewmembers in the distribution of ammunition, as well as manage cannon operations, training, and maintenance.
* Conducting wire and radio communications
* Identifying target locations
* Setting, loading, and firing artillery
* Using computers to generate fire direction data
* Operating heavy and light wheeled trucks and tracked vehicles
* Transporting and managing artillery ammunition
* Maintaining operational readiness of vehicles and equipment
* Participate in reconnaissance operations
* Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
* Ability to make quick decisions
* Capable of working as a team member
You'll become familiar with technology while you build strategic thinking and leadership skills that are in high-demand in the civilian workforce.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Cannon Crewmember requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills. Then you will attend Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which consists of seven weeks of additional training. Part of this time is spent in a classroom and part in the field under simulated combat conditions.