Family Medical Center
Posted Under: Walla Walla, Washington jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 99362
Posted On: 2021-02-23
Are you a Certified Medical Assistant who wants make a difference in the lives of medically-underserved people in your community? Do you want to work with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide direct, compassionate, quality care to patients? Are you someone who thrives in a dynamic, energized environment? Are you able to communicate fluently in Spanish? Are you looking for competitive pay and better work-life balance? If you answered Yes to these questions, then we have a great opportunity for you. This position includes some shifts until 7:00pm M-F; pay differential for qualifying shifts. What we're looking for:
- An MA who's passionate about community health and working with underserved populations.
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced, team-centered environment.
- A clear communicator who is able to build good relationships with all clinic staff and patients, and interacts with everyone in a positive and professional manner.
- A meticulous person who asks questions and clarifies information as needed.
- Someone who wants to continue learning and developing MA skills, and is receptive to performance feedback. What you'll do:
- Work in cooperation with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Maintain examination and treatment areas, including stocking, verifying good working order of equipment, removing expired supplies, and cleaning room after every patient visit.
- Administer medications within scope of certification.
- Prepare patients and assist with routine and specialty examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries, following sterile procedures maintaining meticulous sterile technique.
- Obtain specimens for microbiological testing, instructing patients in proper technique to collect specimens.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation in the clinic record.
- Seek to anticipate providers' needs and assist as requested, and notify RN if more technical care is needed.
- Find teachable moments during routine care, delivering direct patient teaching and coaching.
- Incorporate high standards of infection control into all tasks. What we offer:
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- Pay differential for qualifying shifts.
- Best-in-class benefits package: 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off (19 days per year for full time positions), paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more. Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited medical assisting training program (may be a one-year certificate program, or a two-year Associate Degree program), or graduation from an apprentice program that is approved by the State. Program must be comprised of at least 720 hours of medical assistant training, including at least 160 hours in a clinical externship.
- Current MA-C Certification from the Washington State Department of Health is required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required with demonstrated ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. About YVFWC We serve more than 166,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics. Working at YVFWC Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work. At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence. Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.